Grudge Match Review

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sylvester Stallone squares off against Robert De Niro in this comedy about a rematch between two ageing ex-boxers.

Steve is not particularly impressed. Anyone else have the misfortune to see this one?

Grudge Match Review | AVForums

Hmmm kinda confirms what my suspicions were.

I am a BIG Stallone fan, but even I could not get excited about this film and have not ventured out to see it.

Even watching the various appearances of the pair on TV whilst Stallone has had a degree of enthusiasm (perhaps trying to flog a dead horse) De Niro has come across as being pretty sombre / edging towards boredom and with no charisma whatsoever !

Sly has one more Rambo in him - that is what he needs to concentrate on now and give to his fans.

Hmmm kinda confirms what my suspicions were.

I am a BIG Stallone fan, but even I could not get excited about this film and have not ventured out to see it.

Even watching the various appearances of the pair on TV whilst Stallone has had a degree of enthusiasm (perhaps trying to flog a dead horse) De Niro has come across as being pretty sombre / edging towards boredom and with no charisma whatsoever !

Sly has one more Rambo in him - that is what he needs to concentrate on now and give to his fans.
That sums up all De Niro appearance's, fact is the guy is in like 20 films a year, so I'd imagine he would get bored doing interviews, press junkets etc

film had TURKEY written all over it before filming even started, really why do they bother

escape plan - crap, bullet to the head - crap, The Last Stand - crap, expendables 2 - crap. Grudge Match though was an entertaining 90+ mins

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom