• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Grrrrrrrr

M

mimote

Had my LC 32GA4E on order from Empire direct having received the following assurance:

"Thank you for your recent request. I confirm that Empire Direct have paid for and will receive a further 32 units. These are due mid February 2005. "

I was assured that the units had been paid for and so gleefully put my name down for one. Having recently noticed that they had disappeared from the Empire website I contacted them again today and received the following:

"Empire Direct has had it confirmed that the 32 we had on order will not
be coming through as payment was not received in time by Sharp from
Empire Direct. I can only apologise on behalf of Empire Direct for an administration
blunder between us and Sharp."

I can find nowhere else that can provide the display and speaking to Sharp this evening they confirrmed that they will not be providing any more of these to the UK.

I am now at a loss as the display appeared to fill all my needs - good spec / price, HDTV ready, right size (max width 1m) and best use of available space. I am now starting my research again but if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome advice. PF9986 looks good but at 110cm is too wide.

Time to put children to bed and get a stiff drink.

M

mimote

I have seen it listed at anything from 1m to 1.01m (think I got numbers mixed up in first post), the GA4 is 98cm. I only have a 1m wide space and do not believe the 9986 will fit and even if it did It would be too tight a fit to be practical. Unfortunately nothing is ever straight forward.

jimsan

Established Member
mimote said:
Had my LC 32GA4E on order from Empire direct having received the following assurance:

"Thank you for your recent request. I confirm that Empire Direct have paid for and will receive a further 32 units. These are due mid February 2005. "

I was assured that the units had been paid for and so gleefully put my name down for one. Having recently noticed that they had disappeared from the Empire website I contacted them again today and received the following:

"Empire Direct has had it confirmed that the 32 we had on order will not
be coming through as payment was not received in time by Sharp from
Empire Direct. I can only apologise on behalf of Empire Direct for an administration
blunder between us and Sharp."

I can find nowhere else that can provide the display and speaking to Sharp this evening they confirrmed that they will not be providing any more of these to the UK.

I am now at a loss as the display appeared to fill all my needs - good spec / price, HDTV ready, right size (max width 1m) and best use of available space. I am now starting my research again but if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome advice. PF9986 looks good but at 110cm is too wide.

Time to put children to bed and get a stiff drink.
I have a 9986 sitting right beside me now and it measures exactly, and I mean EXACTLY 100cm. (1000mm, 1m.)

Does this help?

Jimmy

M

mimote

hmmm if I can squeeze a 9986 in it becomes an attractive proposition. Can anybody tell me wether the Philips has a standard VESA mount for wall mounting?

Jeremy

jimsan

Established Member
The Philips comes with a wall mount and a table top mount.

Jimmy

M

mimote

I had really set my heart on the LC 32GA4E though as it was ergonomically ideal and the right spec. Whilst looking n Plymouth today discocered a supply of the LC 32GA4E at Derrys (CoOp) and after a bit of haggling snapped one up. They still have three in the warehouse and 1 on display. Back to setting it up now.

J

M

mimote

Having installed GA4 am convinced 9986 would not have fitted. Very happy with PQ for DVD although only RGP interlaced as player somewhat dated. Still fiddling with settings. Terrestrial picture is poor though not helped by weak reception. Currently have my sky box in the loft feeding the whole house through coax controlled via TV Link. Think I may have to rethink this strategy in order to get RGB from Sky box direct to set which should make a significant improvement. Having read all the reviews there are no real surprises and overall am very happy with the set so far. :) Now back to LOTR ROTK and tweaking with the settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom