grrrrr nintendo wi does not work - there goes my xmas

toxic mango

Prominent Member
Reaction score
after running around like a headless chicken and queing up in the cold got my paws on a wii. Then scouring various stores and thanks to a fellow avforum member managed to get my hands on a wi-mote and play.

With great anticipation switched on the console and it does not work. Before anyone asks, yes everything was plugged in but it was as dead as a donkey. For the 1st time ever was very moved very close to tears just because it was so anti climatic after all the build up. Have tried local games but I can't get through and the ones that i got through did not have any stock. So two options wait or get a refund. I will go up tommorrow and get a refund.

Now am trying hard to get a wii but looks like my plans for a wii xmas have gone up in smoke and I am well under the weather - probably as a result of queuing up in the cold.

So if anyone wants a wii there should be a dud one up in oxford street tommorrow. :(

Anyway everyone have a very merry xmas. I am not destined for a wii this xmas.

that terrible news sorry to hear that.you could still get one delivered or collected from ebay.will pay extra i know but the prices are dropping now

that terrible news sorry to hear that.you could still get one delivered or collected from ebay.will pay extra i know but the prices are dropping now

I do not wish to pay above rrp also as have never done any ebay transactions would be dubious to try with the wii.

Local cex store has them but selling at a silly price.

Trying to come to terms with it -i guess its only a console and not the end of the world but sure feels like it.

yes have a drink :beer:

at this moment all i am doing is refreshing the forum to see whetehr there are wii's left but to be honest you are right time to give up and just enjoy christmas with family.

Sounds like it's your power supply that's dead. Do you have a Cube? They use the same power supply only the plug that goes into the back of the console is ever so slightly different, you can cut part of the plastic on the Cube one to get it to fit into the Wii. There should be a guide if you search in google telling you which bit to cut and which way it goes into the Wii. Problem solved.

I do not wish to pay above rrp also as have never done any ebay transactions would be dubious to try with the wii.

Local cex store has them but selling at a silly price.

Trying to come to terms with it -i guess its only a console and not the end of the world but sure feels like it.

buy one from cex

then take it home

swap yours for theirs ,

take the broken one back demand your money back and you have

a wii christmas:thumbsup:

Good call - plus the fuse on the 4-gang adapter, if you're using one...and maybe the rcd on the consumer unit has tripped on the 13-amp socket you've got it plugged into....

Get yourself a cheapo meter from Argos tomorrow and check as people have said.

Worth a try, then take the meter back s a duplicate chrimbo pressie

Don`t worry about it. I finally got a Wii, played Wii sports a bit. I`m now going to play a bit of Quake 4 on my PC, as it`s more fun. The Wii is great when you first show it to people, then the novelty wears off. I`m waiting for some good games to be released, in the meantime I`ll use it to check out the weather forecast and send silly messages to my mate who`s also got a Wii. Maybe I`m just too hard to please.

Don`t worry about it. I finally got a Wii, played Wii sports a bit. I`m now going to play a bit of Quake 4 on my PC, as it`s more fun.

You playing PC in the back bedroom Prof

Don`t worry about it. I finally got a Wii, played Wii sports a bit. I`m now going to play a bit of Quake 4 on my PC, as it`s more fun. The Wii is great when you first show it to people, then the novelty wears off. I`m waiting for some good games to be released, in the meantime I`ll use it to check out the weather forecast and send silly messages to my mate who`s also got a Wii. Maybe I`m just too hard to please.

I agree :)

Great for weatherforecasts - but I have a chipped Xbox 1 that does that and better :)

You cannot argue with the profit in the Wii though. Crikey - there are some addicts out there. Could've bought 10 Wiis with the ebay cash :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl:

Mine wouldnt stich on today, was dead completely. No lights or noises at all. Ended up checking the fuse and found it had blown. Try your fuse first as it sounds like it could be that.

Don`t worry about it. I finally got a Wii, played Wii sports a bit. I`m now going to play a bit of Quake 4 on my PC, as it`s more fun.

You see I have no problem with you not liking the Wii that much, it's definitely not for everyone, but to say Quake 4 is more fun is a complete and utter lie and you know it, Quake 4 can't be more fun than playing on the Wii because it's a well known fact that Quake 4 (along with similar games like Prey and Doom 3) is about as fun as a screwdriver in the eye :D

You see I have no problem with you not liking the Wii that much, it's definitely not for everyone, but to say Quake 4 is more fun is a complete and utter lie and you know it, Quake 4 can't be more fun than playing on the Wii because it's a well known fact that Quake 4 (along with similar games like Prey and Doom 3) is about as fun as a screwdriver in the eye :D

The last "Serious Game " I ever played was the original Quake on PS. I think that put me off gaming for ever.

Thankfully, the Wii is here to save the day, I am well on my way to completing Zelda, and I never thought I would play a game like that again!

The Girlfriend just loves it, but I am struggling to get her past just Bowling or shooting things... but she swore she would never play a video console and now I have to fight her for time on it!

Since getting my Wii, I have lost all interest in the PS3, I don't think I could go back to remembering buttons on a controller. ~On the Wii just press everything and then throw the damn thing at anything in sight works damn well...lmao

I'll leave serious gaming and the pale skin to the xbox/Ps3 fanboys. I luv my Wii !!!!!!

Thank you all for your comments

Tried the fuse but no joy. Just my luck.

Sort of given up on wii - maybe it is a blessing in disguise as I can concentrate on finishing my home cinema projectc
- need something to occupy me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom