Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Grrr: Duplicate/Triplicate/Quadriplicate DVD 'Bargains' posts

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Charlton Fan, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sorry to rant on here, (not sure which board it should go in really), but it's beginning to bug me that lately there seems to be a big increase in the 'DVD Bargains' board in duplicate postings of the same bargain. Just today there was one for the Friends 1-10 @ Amazon and one for the £5.97 Alladdin @ Asda!!!

What annoys me more is that the bargains board isn't posted to a lot each day, and the original threads are often just a few down from the new one, so even using the search facility isn't necessary (and it works a lot better than others I could mention).

I'm not trying to stop people posting bargains and I feel better already as I type this, but please guys and girls please SEARCH before posting the same bargain 2, 3 or more times :)

Any thoughts?

Ta,
    Chris

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,546
    We do always encourage people to do a search before posting a bargain, or at least have a quick look down a few pages to see if it has already been posted.

You can always PM me if you see a duplicate post that needs dealing with.

Greg

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Last time I politely pointed out to some chap that the 3 threads he'd just posted were slight variations of the same topic and could easily have been merged into one, I got a torrent of abuse both by PM and on the thread!

Hence I leave this sort of thing to the mods now!...PJ :)

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You should definitely report any abuse you recieve - we don't like to see that kind of thing...

We usually do merge or delete duplicate threads, but I guess sometimes they get missed - As Greg says please report the threads and we will sort them out :smashin:

5. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks Mods, glad to say I haven't been on the receiving end of any abuse (yet) :)

Oh, and the original post wasn't a dig at the Mods who do sterling work (trying hard to find a kiss ass emoticon) but merely the posters. :)

Chris