Group Video Calling on Skype now free on Xbox One, Windows & Mac.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skype Loves Bringing Groups Together – With FREE Group Video Calling
04/28/2014 in Big Blog by Phillip Snalune

When not in the office at Skype, I’m part of a cycling team with a group of four local friends. We’re training for a coast-to-coast charity cycling event but spend our weeks in separate parts of the world on business. As planning for our training days is a challenge, we often rely on Skype group video calls to stay connected. Now that Skype group video calling is available to everyone, free of charge, it makes our group conversations even easier! Group video calling enables so many important shared experiences, like my cycling team’s regular training check-ins and catch-ups.

Skype is proud that, since our beginning, we’ve created opportunities for people to communicate freely and easily, no matter where they are; from keeping in touch with remote family members or calling home when traveling to chatting daily with your close circles of friends. While Skype is known for one to one video calling, we know it’s also essential to connect with the groups of people who matter most, whether friends, family or colleagues. For the last few years, we’ve offered group video calling to Premium users on Windows desktop and Mac and more recently Xbox One. Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re making group video calling free – for all users on these platforms. And, in the future, we’ll be enabling group video calling for all our users across more platforms – at no cost.
xboxone1.jpg

Whether for my cycling team or your catch-ups, meet ups, huddles, reunions, nights out, study groups, painting clubs, family ‘get-togethers’ or whatever group you participate in, Skype is committed to making group communications simple, easy and fun for everyone – now and in the years to come!

Nice one, will definitely take advantage of this.

Ok this is just for Group calling that's free am I right?

Not if I wanted to Skype my mate which wouldn't be free

Should all be free anyway, everyone has one way or another through free apps to video call people :)

Nice one, will definitely take advantage of this.
Wonder if it means you can snap skype 5 different people while playing Titanfall.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom