Groundhog Day Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Feb 5, 2009.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
      News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +446
      Reviewed by Keith Hurst, 5th February 2009
      Groundhog Day is an absolute gem of a story from the early Nineties when without a doubt both Murray and Ramis were at their absolute best. MacDowell I've always taken or left and usually the later but she's more than acceptable in this film, not being overly too sugary sweet. The relationship she and Murray develop throughout is a good enough watch and one which doesn't strain credibility. The story gets me every time, on face value you would think how can you watch, and re-watch multiple times, a story which is in fact a constant repeat of itself, but there are avenues within that storyline that Phil travels down which become compelling viewing time and time again. This Blu-ray release is good on both the video and audio front, both do have some anomalies but still a step up from the standard DVD release. The extras are fair but because I enjoy the film so much I still want more from them.

I can only recommend a purchase for this I'm afraid, if you rent this then you'll never forgive yourself when you come to look at it again and that space on your shelf is bare. And just for the record the real Punxsutawney Phil this year, 2009, saw his shadow beside him!
      Read the full review...

2. htattersall

htattersall
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Pure classic!