Grotesque (Japanese movie)

marcaaron22

Where can I get hold of this video nasty?

marcaaron22

Are there any of these banned movies that are believable and succeed in being disturbed and shocking,

Or is it just peoples opinions

I am bored with the run of the mill blockbusters and chart films, I am looking for films that delve beyond cinematics etc

Last edited:

PoochJD

Hi Marcaaron,

GROTESQUE is available from the USA uncut, as a Region 1 DVD, or you can import it from Korea, again uncut but Region Free on DVD. :)

Neither release has any extras, and the film is quite nasty, with a slightly dark twist at the end, but I quite enjoyed it. Not the best film ever, but not the worst either - 6/10 from me.

Pooch

P.S. Technically, this film isn't a "Video Nasty". Such a word only applies to a select list of titles from 1984, that were banned by the Director of Public Prosecutions at that time. :)

marcaaron22

PoochJD said:
Hi Marcaaron,

GROTESQUE is available from the USA uncut, as a Region 1 DVD, or you can import it from Korea, again uncut but Region Free on DVD. :)

Neither release has any extras, and the film is quite nasty, with a slightly dark twist at the end, but I quite enjoyed it. Not the best film ever, but not the worst either - 6/10 from me.

Pooch

P.S. Technically, this film isn't a "Video Nasty". Such a word only applies to a select list of titles from 1984, that were banned by the Director of Public Prosecutions at that time. :)

Is there any specific online store that ships to UK from Korea?

Ideally a good list of online stores from various countries would be good for imports that ship to UK,
I have looked about but I just seem to be going round in circles

marcaaron22

It has to be either region 2/B or region free,
unless there is an hack to make the Panasonic DMP-BDP300 Blu Ray player multi-region for both DVDs and Blu Rays.

That would be half the battle for a lot of stuff if you didn't have to stick to the regional codings..

Would it be stupid to buy 2 more players, a region A and a region C player and then 8 DVD players for the 8 DVD regions?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom