groan, my panny 42 pv500 is now sick

O

orange66

jumps straight into standby mode, and there seems to be some sort of service code blinking away, 11 flashes, then a pause, then repeat. Anyone else come across this one, and have any idea what it points to? They are coming out tomorrow, but I do value your opinions on here..

sounds like the infamous panny PSU problem!...I assume you mean the standby light is flashing?

apparently, have never suffered it (touch wood) but try a search on PSU I have seen quite a few people complain about it here and its why I always keep mine in standby now.

well at least with it being a known problem they shouldn't have any quibbles at fixing / swapping it.

Doesn't tscotsman have a panasonic? I must be spending too much time reading these forums if I'm starting to memorise other peoples kit :suicide:

Never mind golf widow, my wife is becoming a forum widow :rotfl:

Actaully I mean the dood is always jumping onto Pioneer posts saying things like 'my panny has a perfect pic/no horizontal line/no judder/no buzz this that, pannys the balls, I want to marry it and have many illegimate love children with it, etc'...so I thought I would jump on a Panny post and do the same...

Seriously thought, how annoying if someone asks about why there 436xde has a particular prob and he jumps on saying his 40pv500 doesnt have that particular prob, whats the point!?!

eonone said:
Actaully I mean the dood is always jumping onto Pioneer posts saying things like 'my panny has a perfect pic/no horizontal line/no judder/no buzz this that, pannys the balls, I want to marry it and have many illegimate love children with it, etc'...so I thought I would jump on a Panny post and do the same...

Seriously thought, how annoying if someone asks about why there 436xde has a particular prob and he jumps on saying his 40pv500 doesnt have that particular prob, whats the point!?!

:D

Mind you, I have a Panny and it is the ********!, haven't started a breeding program yet though. Hmmm... Lecutus of borg maybe. Resistance is futile :hiya:

my psu is perfect actually :) As for comparing the pv500 to the pioneer this has been done plenty of times by others. Im just telling people when i have a problem and when i dont. As for mentioning it on a Pioneer problem. the point is that many are considering the pioneer/panny and its important to let others know that if theres a problem with the pioneer if the same is the case with the panny.

I do love my panny but i have advised anyone thats interested in either, just look at it yourself, thats the best advice.

Of course there is a little bit of winding up here aswell :rolleyes:

well, I like a bit of humour in the thread, this kind of reminds me of the speccy / c64 wars that used to be around when we were kids in the 80's. I came so close to getting the pio too, it looks a lot better design wise, but for me the panny had the better HD image. I hope the engineer fixes it on the spot and doesn't want to take the screen away with him.

just a quick look through your past 'advice' posts show what your game is scotty...someone has a prob with a pioneer - up pops scotty to twist the dagger...just playing u at ur own game...oh by the way did u see my post about the winner of what hifi awards?...;)

cheers mep. I hope I get it back now. After the ups and downs and damn close shave with burn in, I dont want it swapped for a new one. Its now run in, and I have a failure on it during warranty. SO it should be good to last for years now.

no, Maw, he didnt offer. I mentioned I had been on this forum, and his his pricked up at that. But no loaner. They bought a replacement PSU board with them, but it was for the other 42 panny plasma, so it wouldnt fit. (Not encouraging). But as this is being handled by Panasonic, I don't have much room to complain I guess. I will keep you posted as to events. I have to admit 5 weeks seems a bit steep.

MAW said:
So, did you get a loaner?

What did you expect, the repairman to bring a load of mates? :D

Seriously, orange66 you haven't had much luck have you?

had the same problem mate .mine was with repair agent for 5 weeks.he changed the psu board but still did not work .he told me that the psu going probably caused a voltage spike damaging other components on a different board,wanted to change another board but could not be sure that this would cure problem.in the end av sales got a refund from panasonic uk for me and i have now changed for a phd8.my pv500 lasted 12 weeks until psu blew,looks like this might turn into a common problem on this model

wow, I mean, just wow. I am glad to read this post, at least I will be one jump ahead of them if they phone me up. I will repeat your story to them word for word and see what reaction I get. Watch this space!

And, yep, I don't seem to be having a huge amount of luck here. But I did survive a close shave with burn in, and as the set has yet to be put up in final position, I am not too peed off with the wait. As it is going on the wall, I might to go with the phd8.

ok guys, it's back! And what do you think jumping into stand by mode followed by 11 flashing lights means?

I will now reveal all;

Cooling fan jammed. Causing overheating.

Fan assembly replaced.

They said this is a common fault and they have fixed several of them.

Its still bubble wrapped, I just hope the new fan doesnt cause this buzzing sound that other owners have moaned about, will let you know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom