1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GRIPE: Online Registrations (Epson)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by andylorenz, May 16, 2005.

1. andylorenz

andylorenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    isn't it great, you spend over £500 on a new product with a 3-year next day warranty, you go online to epson.co.uk to register, enter all your details (including an email address of course), hit the "Register" button and .... you basically go back to the home page.

* No confirmation
    * no congratulations
    * no check/validation on the serial number
    * no good luck with your expensive new toy
    * no attempt at cross sell (ok .. thats actually good)

and even worse

* no email confirmation

Doesn't exactly fill you with warmth does it, that they even processed your registration. And since you cannot prove you did it, what's to say they don't cop a deaf 'un when you try to claim under the warranty 6 months later...

Its a real shame they can't (apparently) be bothered to make a 'relationship' with you, albeit slight, bearing in mind you will almost certainly have purchased via a 3rd party and this is your first official contact with them as manufacturers.

So are Epson the only culprits of still seeing product registration as a way of actually gathering marketing data ?

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,184
    :) recently registered my Sony Camcorder online. There was an invitation to fill in a survey. I was especially irritated that they hadn't put a minDV tape in the box (£3 on a £400 camera) this basically ruined my birthday present for my family - they'd all travelled to give me the camera as a joint present and I couldn't shoot anything. I wanted to tell them that but the survey died half way through about 40 questions and 10 pages, putting me back to the start. Their loss.

I work in Internet Performance Management and we routinely test the reliability of web transactions for banks and supermarkets - I never fail to be amazed that the likes of Sony and Epson making such a fist of an opportunity to build real brand loyalty.

The Philips registration for my PJ was a bit haphazard too but they do now have a login for me where I can see the details of the product registration so I know it worked.

If you got nothing back at all I would fill in the postcard and return it - you don't want to be arguing about this in 2.5 years time if you need to use the returns process.

3. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I registered my tw10h online recently, after submitting i was taken to a page saying:

"Thank you for providing us with your details. Please use the navigation on this page to continue browsing the site."

I know this as I printed the page for proof. Maybe you should check that they have your details.

4. cartmin

cartmin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Me too :)