Grindhouse Collector's Edition £6.49 @ ChoicesUK.com

PAH

Novice Member
Couldn't get onto their website. I guess it's being hammered by bargain hunters!

So bought it via Play's PlayTrade (brand new, sealed, and in stock) for £6.18 inc delivery.

Sorry ChoicesUK, your site is crap. :p

Was initially hesitant about buying this edition as the customer reviews say there have been numerous cuts, but some reviewers say Death Proof is better for it, and I'll probably agree as in original form it did seem to drag on a bit. Planet Terror was my favourite, hilarious in parts.

Edit: Just tried again to see if there are any other bargains and it loaded this time. The price seems to be £6.49 now (with free delivery).

nwgarratt

It is not cut as such as it is the theatrical version from the cinema. The older separate release is the extended version.

I prefer the old releases simply so I don't have both films on one disc as it ends up at 3 and a quarter hours. There is no HD audio too.

PAH

Novice Member
Looking forward to watching it all in one as a double bill with the fake trailers as originally intended, but surely there's a menu option to watch only a particular movie if desired?

Zombie Twin

Bugger! Paid £11 for it not that long ago.

I'm in the movie, but very, VERY briefly!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
It is not cut as such as it is the theatrical version from the cinema. The older separate release is the extended version.

I prefer the old releases simply so I don't have both films on one disc as it ends up at 3 and a quarter hours. There is no HD audio too.

I prefer it as Grindhouse myself. Those fake trailers really help with that running time though! Might pick this up after Xmas if its still under a tenner.

SuperAshcroft

Novice Member
Received this, and disappointed to find it has no slipcase. I'm not a collector of those or anything, but every picture I've seen of this release shows that the slipcase should be with it as standard, rather than just being something included with the first batch of copies. Oh well.

jammyone

Distinguished Member
Received this, and disappointed to find it has no slipcase. I'm not a collector of those or anything, but every picture I've seen of this release shows that the slipcase should be with it as standard, rather than just being something included with the first batch of copies. Oh well.

I don't think it has been supplied with slipcase for a while - at least the copies instore at HMV don't have them. The US set is the same, it doesn't come with the slip anymore either.

The pictures should be changed to forewarn those who want the slip.

MrKennedy

Novice Member
the famous auction site is your best bet for a slipcase edition, i searched high n low for quite sometime for one. I now have two of them but one is on classifieds here at avf but it does come with the bluray included

But yeh best of luck to everyone searching for one :)

Great price for this title by the way!

PAH

Novice Member
Mine arrived today, from the PlayTrader I ordered it from.

It appeared to have been resealed using cellophane and the little booklet inside is a bit creased up (maybe intended that way?), though the discs themselves are unmarked.

So looks like descriptions of "brand new, sealed" may be stretching the truth a bit, but if the item itself is comparable to shop new not sure it's a problem.

Will be wary in future in case this is a new approach to stand out from the crowd now many compete on price by matching to within a penny, maybe choosing more well known resellers that describe their goods more accurately.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom