Grimsby Blu-ray Review

El_MUERkO

Cohen attempted to make a live action episode of South Park (there's even a clip of South Park in film) but he doesn't pull it off, I think he should of gotten Trey Parker and Matt Stone to help him with the script because it's one of those films that you sense could of been brilliant.

Countjedi

I really think the film part of the review is spot on and 100% agree with the headline of the review it does go too far in some parts, but on the whole I did laugh a lot at a number of scenes and the 6 out of 10 is a fair score for the film.

mikeybabes2

I live about 45 minutes away from Grimsby, and I remember the Sacha Baron Cohen came and visited the area, and was welcomed with open arms.

I rather wondered about this , as the chances of him doing a puff piece on the town were rather remote. It's as if no-one had seen any of his earlier efforts.

This film was crude, rude and lewd, as they say. It panders to the basest levels of schoolboy humour, and is entirely without any redeeming features whatsoever.

Naturally I am the target audience and I cannot remember laughing so hard for quite a while.

A guilty pleasure them, but I think once was enough. One for/rental streaming methinks.

nugget2014

shame about the 4k version.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I thought it was pretty funny, and a nice idea.
Yes, the humour is puerile, but that's a good thing :p
My only gripe is that SBC's accent was all over the place.

1080 jawbreaker

I laughed so hard as some bits, choking on my beer. It goes way OTT but still funny as hell, cant remember the last time my ribs hurt from laughing.

MarkHell

Its the best "Sh/T" film ever.

mircea

Well, I really liked it.
It was funny and that scenes were Cohen signature. It doesn't bother me, I was bothered by useless/not so funny sex jokes like ,,the surprise on pillow" in Dirty Grandpa, bj scenes from Get Hard or crappy scenes from Movie 43.

groucho marx

i thought it was excellent, if you went to watch it you new what you were going to get and it didnt really dissapoint, a bit over the top and crude,what were you expecting, made me laugh more times than most american filme have done lately,and mark strong could actually be a good bond option,

Pokey800

I watched this last night. Yes it is gross in places, but I'd not laughed that much at a movie in a while.

SBT

Banned
I live about 45 minutes away from Grimsby, and I remember the Sacha Baron Cohen came and visited the area, and was welcomed with open arms.

I rather wondered about this , as the chances of him doing a puff piece on the town were rather remote. It's as if no-one had seen any of his earlier efforts.

This film was crude, rude and lewd, as they say. It panders to the basest levels of schoolboy humour, and is entirely without any redeeming features whatsoever.

Naturally I am the target audience and I cannot remember laughing so hard for quite a while.

A guilty pleasure them, but I think once was enough. One for/rental streaming methinks.
The Grimsby scenes were actually filmed in Essex. I suppose Grimsby wasn't grim enough :laugh:
I loved the film btw, totally gross out, and that elephant scene :censored: