• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GRID (11 October) XB

oldman100

Didn't like Grid 2, the lack of in game soundtrack killed it for me, I love racing along to mysic
I'm completely the opposite, unless your The Stig no racing driver races to music ;)

nstokes

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
It's like a breath of fresh air to have an arcade racer for a change, the single player career is decent enough but the multiplayer is like a demolition derby. In the 2 MP games I had a few people in each race set off 3 to 5 seconds before the rest of us, I started 4th in the first race but by the time the lights turned green I was in 7th and in the second race I started 3rd and before the lights changed I was 6th.

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
Is Grid the new games that were once called Toca or Race Driver, something like that?

I remember enjoying them very much.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Is Grid the new games that were once called Toca or Race Driver, something like that?

I remember enjoying them very much.

The original Grid was the expanded successor to the Toca Touring games yes.

Looking forward to playing this as loved the previous Grid games, although don't think Autosport kept my attention like the first two did. Will be good to see a current gen version but I'll wait until its inevitable appearance in Gamepass. All Codemasters recent racers are there, Dirt 4, F1, Dirt Rally 2 so this will I'm sure follow suit.

NMF

It's like a breath of fresh air to have an arcade racer for a change, the single player career is decent enough but the multiplayer is like a demolition derby. In the 2 MP games I had a few people in each race set off 3 to 5 seconds before the rest of us, I started 4th in the first race but by the time the lights turned green I was in 7th and in the second race I started 3rd and before the lights changed I was 6th.
Shame gameplay is getting worse reviews than 360 version also not enough tracks apparently.
So many games out you would think they would get it right on release.
Will get my fix from wreckfest for now until this hits gamepass.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Shame gameplay is getting worse reviews than 360 version also not enough tracks apparently.
So many games out you would think they would get it right on release.
Will get my fix from wreckfest for now until this hits gamepass.
All the reviews I have seen have been very positive towards the game, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the gameplay. The ai is superb and as long as your not playing with all the assists on and on the easy difficulty they are a brutal challenge.

There is only a small number of tracks compared to other racing games but they cut those tracks up and use them in reverse mode so your not racing the same track over and over.

dmk1198

Hi loving the game
But is there a manual?
Can't see anything anywhere
Everyrace I see VIP bonus but I never score any points?? How do I get some? Thank you
I'm not online multiplayer etc single player only Xbox x
Cheers

Get Outlook for Android

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Hi loving the game
But is there a manual?
Can't see anything anywhere
Everyrace I see VIP bonus but I never score any points?? How do I get some? Thank you
I'm not online multiplayer etc single player only Xbox x
Cheers

Get Outlook for Android
There isn't a manual but there aren't many self explaining options. If you highlight each setting it gives you a description on that setting. There is this.
12-1.jpg

You get VIP points for beating the race objectives in career mode, finishing in a certain or above position and for things like clean laps, you also get VIP points for overtakes etc.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
See this is on a decent sale price now, about £13 for the ultimate version and having seen a load of positive reviews etc and having loved the originals i'm tempted to just grab it now, even though i'm sure as on deep sale now will no doubt hit gamepass next month probably..... As per my earlier post in the thread all Codemasters racers end up there so pretty inevitable, but at least with the extra content of the ultimate version it'll still have more to it for the money even if it does hit GP.

What i always loved about the TOCA and GRID games was the AI raced each other rather than snake along barely interacting. They make mistakes, have crashes, sometimes when nobody around them, sometimes a massive pile up. It comes across far more real than the majority of racing game AI which seems very sterile by comparison. Having watched youtube vids of this version there's some great AI crash videos to check out.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom