Grey screen availability

Spec-Chum

Simple question really.

It's stated in many places that a grey screen is recommended for a brightly decorated room, and there must be many of these so why are grey screens like hens teeth?

I've come to the conclusion that ideally i need a grey screen but struggling to find a half decent one for a reasonable price.

Of course 'reasonable' is subjective but for example you can get a white 100" screen from a popular auction site for under 80.

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
If!! you can get away with a fixed screen then the best thing to do would be to make your own , or paint a wall with a shade of "black widow" grey paint.

Spec-Chum

No go I'm afraid, it's a normal living area so the screen has to disappear when not in use.

Quality stuff like ReAct II is well over budget, but I do find the image from my white wall satisfactory so my expectations aren't too high :)

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
Why can't you just paint the wall with BW and the frame it.......or a removable fixed frame / screen.

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
Cheers Gary! The 106" grey screen I'd be interested but it has the mounts at each end which wouldn't work.............My fixings / brackets are the same as this sapphire unit
slir

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
But that would then nil and void the warranty and may obstruct / interfere with the screens movement or mechanism although I'm up for modifying most things.

Does any one have any pictures of one of these screens ceiling mounted cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom