1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grey lines on philips

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jmack, Jul 15, 2002.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi a get faint grey lines about 1nch in size going vertical on my tv
    its noticable on black backrounds there is about 20 or so ove these on the screen
    it is on all formats ie,ntl ,dvd,
    what could cause this
    any help
    i have bought some could scart leads £35.00 each
    could it be some sort of interferance i have tried unpluging everything else to sollve it

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this the same 42pf9952 that you mentioned in another post, or did you manage to get it exchanged for the newer version

I have seen a few of the Philips models in action and after reading your threads about the grey lines in dark areas, I started swithing channels around Looking for the grey lines, but could see none,

its strange really the New Philips has tons of features and the picture looks very good on the models I have seen,

but hardly any-one ever says a good word about them.

have you tried emailing Nexnix and Philips, cos paying £4000 and having faults does not sound good on a new panel

3. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its not the same 42pf9952 that one was returned because there was a 1cm at the bottom with different colour pixels, (weird i know) they replaced it for the better looking and thinner 42pf9964
    but this has another problem.as in my first thread have phoned philips there not very helpfull told me to phone where i purchased it from. nexnix are very helpfull waiting for them to arrange someone to come out
    if this one has to be returned it will be the last philips i have.