1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey Imports

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pip_UK, May 25, 2002.

1. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know many forum members advise against buying grey imports but ....

The VW11 I purchased is the same in every way except for the continental lead (there was a UK adaptor in the box).

I have one dead red pixel towards the edge of the screen which has to be pointed out for it to be noticed.

OK one dead pixel ... but I saved myself around £1500 - £2000. At that saving I could live with a couple of dead pixels ... even if they were noticable.

Heard the story about the guy that goes to view and possibley purchase a £500 second hand car ... and then starts picking out cosmetic faults like a little bit of rust on the bonnet?

Enuff said

Pip

2. woody183

woody183

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where did you buy and how much did it cost.
    i would like that pj sooner or later. so the cheaper the better

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got my sony 10ht from belgium, saved about 1500 on the uk price then. It died at xmas, only had a yr warranty, sony uk took it in, but then accused me of not sending it with a bulb and not sending it with a lense cap.

unit died after 56hrs use, sony took 3mths to repair it, and would only extend the warranty by a month.

communication was dire, and when they did mail me they were rude.

I shall not buy another sony product ever, from here or abroad.

so beware of grey imports.