Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Grey Imports

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pip_UK, May 25, 2002.

1. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know many forum members advise against buying grey imports but ....

The VW11 I purchased is the same in every way except for the continental lead (there was a UK adaptor in the box).

I have one dead red pixel towards the edge of the screen which has to be pointed out for it to be noticed.

OK one dead pixel ... but I saved myself around £1500 - £2000. At that saving I could live with a couple of dead pixels ... even if they were noticable.

Heard the story about the guy that goes to view and possibley purchase a £500 second hand car ... and then starts picking out cosmetic faults like a little bit of rust on the bonnet?

Enuff said

Pip

2. woody183

woody183

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where did you buy and how much did it cost.
    i would like that pj sooner or later. so the cheaper the better

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got my sony 10ht from belgium, saved about 1500 on the uk price then. It died at xmas, only had a yr warranty, sony uk took it in, but then accused me of not sending it with a bulb and not sending it with a lense cap.

unit died after 56hrs use, sony took 3mths to repair it, and would only extend the warranty by a month.

communication was dire, and when they did mail me they were rude.

I shall not buy another sony product ever, from here or abroad.

so beware of grey imports.