Grey import Canon 600d

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by masscrazy, Dec 31, 2011.

1. masscrazy

masscrazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im thinking of buying a grey import version of the Canon 600d from Digital Rev, i've seen their youtube channel, read about them online and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

I've paid for a 550d from Dixons but will cancel the order to get this
    Canon Kiss X5 (EOS 600D / Rebel T3i) with 18-55mm kit-DigitalRev

Its £446, over £150 cheaper than Amazon.

I realise this is because its an import etc and you dont get Canon warrenty, but they will provide a 12month warranty with it. I also planned to get a squaretrade warranty anyway.

Good idea?

2. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +655
    Will you possibly get stung for customs duty? I know Onestopdigital guarantee you get your product duty free (they refund if you have to pay). Also has the company got a good reputation for customer support? If you are saving hundreds it is very difficult to ignore these companies. Plus you should still get a 12 month international warranty and the cover from the shop, so you should be fine.

Pete.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  3. masscrazy

masscrazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep as far as I've read DigitalRev do the same as onestopdigital.

I dont think theres any international warranty but they provide a 1 year local warranty.

Its true we cant ignore these companies, asking around most people have written off these companies and their import products.

The concern here is with digitalrev themseleves, was hoping maybe someone has dealt with them or grey imports...