1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from a newby - thicky question to start!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Martin Aston, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Martin Aston

Martin Aston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I am seriously close to buying a Panasonic DMR-E55EBS (multi region - £194.50 - delivered) and have a few questions

1) Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper? Would prefer multi region, the above example is from digitaldirectuk.com.

2) When recording onto a dvd-r disc --- once the program you have recorded is finished and you press the stop button, does that mean you cant record anything else onto the disc, as like a cd-r? Can you take the disc out and resume recording later, and then finalise the disc when happy with the content. Dont want to waste a disc on something that may last only half an hour - would want to record a few episodes of a series onto one dvd-r disc. I know I could put them on a RAM disc but that would make it a lot less compatible with other machines and dont have another machine to record/playback the RAM disc with for archiving.

3) What is the difference between DMR E55 and DMR E55EBS, if any

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance for your time. :thumbsup:

2. grahammackie

grahammackie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Go to Richer Sounds and buy the E65 for a mere £199 !
    2. Yes you can record until you 'finalize' the discv is there is space
    3. Don't know sorry

3. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3) DMR-E55EBS is simply the UK specific model. I only know this because I got an E55 for someone in Ireland at Christmas only to find that they needed a VHF tuner in it and had to get the DMR-E55EIS (think it was!) instead. I guess the B=Britain and I=Ireland. Not sure about the other letters though.

Cliff