Greenland (Amazon Prime) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
terrible crap of a movie, maybe a stretched 4 form me. It's so flat and empty from all possible angles. Not even enjoyable as a bad movie.
7 would be OK if every other movie you have at the time is some typical syfy turd.

Great review - thank you. Far better than mine in the other thread of - 'really enjoyed it - 7/10'.

We've already watched it a second time to get our money's worth from Itunes.

Watched it a couple of weeks ago and 7/10 is fair reflection of the movie.
Was pleasantly surprised, I was expecting 2012 but Greenland was more story/human lead rather than 2012 which is all one epic CGI disaster after another.

Please may I ask reviewers to post some tech specs:

4K / HDR / DV / Atmos or DD
HD / DD

Please may I ask reviewers to post some tech specs:

4K / HDR / DV / Atmos or DD
HD / DD

Not really if it's a screening link. You really don't want to know the specs of those... 720p and buffered through a large cabbage with a big watermark that reminds you of your own name strewn across the screen? SD / CAB / CAS

I guess we'll find out on Friday when it drops but it's Amazon so no DV, I don't think there will be Atmos and it would be a pleasant surprise if it was in 4K, although many Amazon Original movies are, so fingers crossed.

Not really if it's a screening link. You really don't want to know the specs of those... 720p and buffered through a large cabbage with a big watermark that reminds you of your own name strewn across the screen? SD / CAB / CAS

I guess we'll find out on Friday when it drops but it's Amazon so no DV, I don't think there will be Atmos and it would be a pleasant surprise if it was in 4K, although many Amazon Original movies are, so fingers crossed.

Sorry, wasn't aware of this screening link. Thought it was the consumer version but please do post / update tech specs when it makes sense.

Here is a list I am maintaining for the digital stuffs I watch on iTunes/MA.

Wasn't too taken by Greenland but I'm grateful that it's turned me onto Bushwick and from that, the German thriller Victoria.
So, thanks, Cas.

Not the best Butler's movie ever. Only 5/10 I think. No action, no drama. Even Geostorm was not so terrible, I am disappointed with the movie.

Not really if it's a screening link. You really don't want to know the specs of those... 720p and buffered through a large cabbage with a big watermark that reminds you of your own name strewn across the screen?

I really don't get why they insist on screenings in low quality "turd-o-vision" with stereo audio.

1/ They want you to get a good impression of the movie, so its looking nice and shiny and sounding good can't do anything but help in that.

2/ Sometimes, these screenings are for awards.

You want me to nominate a movie for "Best Sound Production" when the audio was low quality?

You want a nomination for "Best Cinematography" or "Best Visual Effects" when I have VHS tapes that look better?

I really don't get why they insist on screenings in low quality "turd-o-vision" with stereo audio.

1/ They want you to get a good impression of the movie, so its looking nice and shiny and sounding good can't do anything but help in that.

2/ Sometimes, these screenings are for awards.

You want me to nominate a movie for "Best Sound Production" when the audio was low quality?

You want a nomination for "Best Cinematography" or "Best Visual Effects" when I have VHS tapes that look better?

I'm just grateful they didn't use my full name as a watermark.

Wasn't too taken by Greenland but I'm grateful that it's turned me onto Bushwick and from that, the German thriller Victoria.
So, thanks, Cas.

Ooh nice, Bushwick and Victoria. Six Degrees of Cas's reviews there. Although you could have gone Geostorm->2012->Independence Day: Regurgence. You clearly chose the right path.

Really enjoyed this film. Watched it a couple months ago. 8/10 for me as the kid in it was slightly annoying

I can't see it listed on Amazon :(

Cheers for the review. I'm a sucker for these end of days movies. But unfortunately most you see on the Sci-Fi Channel for example are complete and utter crap.

I can't see it listed on Amazon :(
1612358629779.png

Ah, thank Cas, missed that bit :p I assumed it was available due to people saying they'd seen it.

Ah, thank Cas, missed that bit :p I assumed it was available due to people saying they'd seen it.

No worries, it's been available stateside since last year, in fact their Blu-ray (likely Region Free - it's from Universal) is out next week I believe.

Like a whole raft of movies that many people have already seen (Boss Level, Let Him Go, News of the World, Shadow in the Cloud, Little Things), the UK appear to be the last ones to the party once again.

Of course this makes complete and utter sense since we're talking about piracy-proof digital streaming releases that are absolutely never going to go out of the territory of release...

Thanks for the Review Cas. Drops Feb. 19th on Prime.de & looks like that will be purchase only at first. I can wait. For Ms. Baccarin I can wait a loooong time. :D

I thought it was a great movie.
Tazg101 I cannot agree more. Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder what people expect in a movie. Agreed it's no Oscar winner but quotes like 'Terrible crap of a movie' give us a break.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom