1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green tint problem on Tosh 40PW03 RPTV using CA 540D DVD player...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Family Guy, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 40PW03B CRT RPTV. Via DVD, there is a permanent green tint on the screen. This is with both R1 & R2 discs and via RGB and s video. The DVD player is a Cambridge Audio Azur540D (which is very nice indeed).
    I have swapped cables and inputs but still the tint is there. In dark scenes, there is no black, just very dark green, with people with black hair looking like the joker!!
    Using Sky+ via RGB is fine...though there is a slight blue look to everything...though that will be sorted shortly after a visit to the service menu...
    Now, I probably know the answer to this but would like it confirmed before I box it up & return it to RS...is the DVD player faulty?
    Or is there a service menu for the DVD player that will allow me access to the colour adjustment to turn the green down...
    I do like this player very much...however, I don't want to take it back only to return with one that has the same fault...

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved - it is the DVD player and I'll be changing it this afternoon. Pity though...stunning player other than the green tint issue.