Green tint on SKY

stoomc

Hi all, I have SKYHD, but it's not so much a question about the SKYHD side of things, Iam noticing quite a lot of green tint on the macro blocking on most of the SKY sd channels, when you look close at the screen and you can see al the squares that make up the picture, some of them are completely green...has anyone else noticed this, I am putting it down to the macr blocking (if I have for the name right) but I have also seen it very lightly on some DVDs (mainly on the THX calibration screen)
If anyone else can relate, can you please tell me so I can confirm it is not just my set?
Thanks very much guys
:)

M

mrapriliafalco

On my tv under the colour coding settings it has RGB G & R if its not set to RGB then I get either a hint of green or red depending on if its switched to R or G maybe your set has the same its with the brightness hue contrast ETC ETC

stoomc

Thanks for the replys but I really had a funny feeling it was not just my set. It's not majorly green it's really only when you look closely at the macroblocking you can see that quite a good few of the blocks on sd channels are showing as a light green, I thought this was just down to the quality of the transmission as opposed to my set, can anyone else relate?

wulliecoutts

Hi all, I have SKYHD, but it's not so much a question about the SKYHD side of things, Iam noticing quite a lot of green tint on the macro blocking on most of the SKY sd channels, when you look close at the screen and you can see al the squares that make up the picture, some of them are completely green...has anyone else noticed this, I am putting it down to the macr blocking (if I have for the name right) but I have also seen it very lightly on some DVDs (mainly on the THX calibration screen)
If anyone else can relate, can you please tell me so I can confirm it is not just my set?
Thanks very much guys
:)

if youve seen it on dvds and sky then its the telly...by logic

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom