1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green tinge when using progressive with XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by monsta2003, Mar 19, 2004.

1. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I posted about problems I ws having with getting progressive working properly with my projector (Panasonic AE300) and was recomended switching to an official hi-def pack. Well ive got my pack and ntsc progressive images are so much clearer. BUT the image is saturated with green. Red is brown!

Ive posteed over in the projector forum aswell as im wondering if its an issue with my projector, and i dont have any other progressive enabled devices. My xbox is modded and the green problem occurs with both pal and ntsc, its not there when using scart.

But has anyone had similar issues to mine, not nessaserily with a projector, but component and the xbox.

Thanks

note - original thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122820

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Can anyone recommend a good component cable with optical out on it. Have used the Gamester Hi-Def pack which turned out to be shocking, so any suggestions?

3. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the hidef one has optical out and everyone seems to be rating it. but mine has this green tinge.

4. AndyDD

AndyDD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havn't noticed this green tinge.
    I'm using the Microsoft HiDef pack. From this I'm running 10 metre component cable that cost £30 from maplins. Apart from a weird DLP digital aritact (textures go weird when scrolling is fast horizontal) the picture is excellent.

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    if it is saturated with Green it actually sounds like either one of the cables isn't plugged in fully or maybe in the wrong way round (not wishing to sound obvious but you never know)..

6. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah its saturated with green, as i say the reds look brown. I really need to get hold of another xbox to test, and a component dvd player to check its not the projector. I have tried different cables but dont have any v high qualityones to test with.

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I got the MS High def pack. Does the job for £20 delivered dont think there is anything better around.