1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green tinge on RGB scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by theo cupier, Jan 9, 2005.

1. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I'm connecting my Tosh SD220 DVD player to my Beko nr28426nds TV via scart.

When using what appears to be the only RGB slot on my Vivanco SBX 95 DEC 4-input scart switcher. The picture, whilst crisp and sharp, has a decidedly green tinge to it all the time.

It looks fine when put through one of the other (probably non-RGB) scart sockets on the switcher (AV3 or 4).

I'm definitely using the RGB scart on the TV (AV1)!

The sky box picture looks fine through the switcher's AV3 or 4 - not tried this through AV1

Does anyone know what the likely causes of this might be? My initial thoughts are:

1. The Tosh's scart output can be configured between video, s-video and RGB and I've not set the Scart output to RGB.

2. The Vivanco box is knackered. Not impossible since the AV2 connection is well and truly dead - hence I am using AV3 for my sky box and AV4 for the DVD

Before I go and buy a new scart switcher (or try and dig out the tosh manual from the loft) does anyone know what the problem is likely to be?

Thanks in advance

Theo

PS Mods - apologies if this belongs in the DVD players forum or elsewhere but it seemed a good place to start here.