Green Tinge Fault - Now full Panasonic 2011 range *Part 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
This now has reached a point where some sort of statement from AVForums has to be made. Again i will say Panasonic have put into question the Validity of your reviews?

PS
This is not a slight on your reviews as you know.

Last edited:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Pannywizard can you post your picture on here and if Gordon is looking in can he give an opinion?:)

biggy7

Had some spare time today and used the slides from eaprogramming.

Not good I'm afraid. The Green Tinge is more spread on the tv than I initially thought. :(

Also noticed "CN Too" logo on the top right corner. Not sure if this is ir or burn.

I've been very carefull with the tv. Purchased on 19th Dec from richersounds and set to thx ever since.

I've left the scrolling bar on to see if it helps and have banned the kids from watching the tv for a while

Called richersounds about the green tinge, I have to call back tomorrow up book
An engineer visit.

Tv is a 50gt30

biggy7

dont let an engineer visit without another set, they wont be able to do anything about it.
Is it normally the engineer that brings the replacement? I thought they would take it back with them for investigation?

Il mention it to them when I call tomorrow.

I wasnt going to call them about the green tinge but the ir has really peeved me off

GoNz0

Novice Member
thats the thing with RS, if you allow an engineers visit they will take it away and try to repair it, last thing you want as it cant be fixed by them, best off arranging to swap the set, even if it means you go to the shop to pickup the box from the replacement so you can return yours.

you will be without a TV if you let an engineer visit, if its under a month old tell them you want a new one, simple as :)

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
This now has reached a point where some sort of statement from AVForums has to be made. Again i will say Panasonic have put into question the Validity of your reviews?

PS
This is not a slight on your reviews as you know.
Problem our reviewers have is the sets they had didnt show the issue. Im sure there was a mention on one review but cant find it.:rolleyes:

This in itself could be seen as proof that Panasonics statment is false, as the sets in for review didnt show this issue. It is a shame AVForums cant afford long turm testing, as with my set, the review sets may well have shown this issue given time, but it took several months for my set to show it as clearly as it is now. This confirms in my mind that some sets dont exibit the issue when new, it occurs over time. So maybe Panasonic arent telling fibs when they say all sets are effected after all. I think its clear though that its not a UK or EU power issue, Panasonic need to explain this line more clearly to their customers as not only are sets around the world showing this but even my engineer scoffed at the idea as Im sure many others have. If indeed it is a power related issue and Panasonic know about it I cant see how they can sell the sets in the way they do. This issue not only goes against THXs certification process as it creates a uniformity issue, but these sets cant be calibrated. This needs to be explained by Panasonic as at the very least there is quite some confusion over these sets.

As far as this forums reviews go theres nothing that can realy be said. We can only report results taken at the time of the review. However some comment would be welcome by the many members effected by this. Although theres nothing the guys can do (they have now power over Panasonic or any manufacturer) a clear show of support would be nice.:D I'm sure as there was mention of the 50hz bug, floating blacks etc in the 2011 reviews, there will be mention of this issue in the 2012 reviews. Its getting to be quite a list now for Panasonic.

Just a few I can think of.:)

Purple snakes.
False contouring/posterization.
MML rise.
50hz bug.
floating blacks.
Fluctuating brightness/contrast.
Green tinge/blobs etc.

Feel free to add any I have missed. Sure to be far they arent all in 2011 sets and I personaly would be happy with my set if it didnt have the green tinge. Still if Panasonic are going to bull the public with regards to how good their sets are Im sure we can do the same in highlighting their failings.:devil:

madstaff

Already had my first 42GT30 swapped due to a purple vertical line appearing after about 1 1/2 hours, now this one has a green 'mist' on what seems to be most of the right hand side of the screen.

They're sending out an engineer on Tues to have a look, my worry is if he says "can't see nothing wrong mate!!"

GoNz0

Novice Member
well a photo of the screen showing green thats had the exposure dialed down after its been taken is a really good way to show up the faults.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Already had my first 42GT30 swapped due to a purple vertical line appearing after about 1 1/2 hours, now this one has a green 'mist' on what seems to be most of the right hand side of the screen.

They're sending out an engineer on Tues to have a look, my worry is if he says "can't see nothing wrong mate!!"

Youll be ok mate, I had some grey slides ready but didnt need them, the engineer noticed it straightaway on my set.;)

slc79

Had some spare time today and used the slides from eaprogramming.

Not good I'm afraid. The Green Tinge is more spread on the tv than I initially thought. :(

Also noticed "CN Too" logo on the top right corner. Not sure if this is ir or burn.

I've been very carefull with the tv. Purchased on 19th Dec from richersounds and set to thx ever since.

I've left the scrolling bar on to see if it helps and have banned the kids from watching the tv for a while

Called richersounds about the green tinge, I have to call back tomorrow up book
An engineer visit.

Tv is a 50gt30
THX disables the orbiter, so for whatever content displays any static objects it is really not recommended. The CN Too logo is so big that the orbiter wouldn't eliminate it fully, but it would help "spreading" the issue slightly and thus make it less visible.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Jeez, I really want a gt30......am I mad to still want one despite this known high risk fault :s
Depends on the size of set you want and budget. If you have the money Id wait for the new sets, if after a 50"+ then take a look at the Samsungs...if you dont like the Samsungs, maybe get a GT30 but be prepared to send it back.

billyboy2012

Novice Member
Depends on the size of set you want and budget. If you have the money Id wait for the new sets, if after a 50"+ then take a look at the Samsungs...if you dont like the Samsungs, maybe get a GT30 but be prepared to send it back.
50-55" ideally 55

Budget up to £1500.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Problem our reviewers have is the sets they had didnt show the issue. Im sure there was a mention on one review but cant find it.:rolleyes:

This in itself could be seen as proof that Panasonics statment is false, as the sets in for review didnt show this issue. It is a shame AVForums cant afford long turm testing, as with my set, the review sets may well have shown this issue given time, but it took several months for my set to show it as clearly as it is now. This confirms in my mind that some sets dont exibit the issue when new, it occurs over time. So maybe Panasonic arent telling fibs when they say all sets are effected after all. I think its clear though that its not a UK or EU power issue, Panasonic need to explain this line more clearly to their customers as not only are sets around the world showing this but even my engineer scoffed at the idea as Im sure many others have. If indeed it is a power related issue and Panasonic know about it I cant see how they can sell the sets in the way they do. This issue not only goes against THXs certification process as it creates a uniformity issue, but these sets cant be calibrated. This needs to be explained by Panasonic as at the very least there is quite some confusion over these sets.

As far as this forums reviews go theres nothing that can realy be said. We can only report results taken at the time of the review. However some comment would be welcome by the many members effected by this. Although theres nothing the guys can do (they have now power over Panasonic or any manufacturer) a clear show of support would be nice.:D I'm sure as there was mention of the 50hz bug, floating blacks etc in the 2011 reviews, there will be mention of this issue in the 2012 reviews. Its getting to be quite a list now for Panasonic.

Just a few I can think of.:)

Purple snakes.
False contouring/posterization.
MML rise.
50hz bug.
floating blacks.
Fluctuating brightness/contrast.
Green tinge/blobs etc.

Feel free to add any I have missed. Sure to be far they arent all in 2011 sets and I personaly would be happy with my set if it didnt have the green tinge. Still if Panasonic are going to bull the public with regards to how good their sets are Im sure we can do the same in highlighting their failings.:devil:
Aggree 100% Scoobs i realy think the reviewers have not seen this but as Panasonic are sticking to the same statement that all the sets are effected and i take it to mean in the same way on every panel it fly's in the face as to what is realy happening.

panman40

Distinguished Member
THX disables the orbiter, so for whatever content displays any static objects it is really not recommended. The CN Too logo is so big that the orbiter wouldn't eliminate it fully, but it would help "spreading" the issue slightly and thus make it less visible.
So selecting THX on a Panny i presume defaults to 'Overscan off 1.1 Pixel mapping ?. if thats the case why doesn't the screen burn orbitor work?. Its the same on the Samsungs too, Screenfit disables the Pixel shift.

Sorry i'm OT here :blush:

biggy7

Think im going to try normal mode for a while and see how it goes.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
panman40 said:
So selecting THX on a Panny i presume defaults to 'Overscan off 1.1 Pixel mapping ?. if thats the case why doesn't the screen burn orbitor work?. Its the same on the Samsungs too, Screenfit disables the Pixel shift.

Think about 1:1 pixel mapping. Now move that image to right by 4 pixels what will you see on the left? A black gap 4pixels wide. This is just an example but i assume to prevent black bars they turn the option for pixel shift off.
See you in the red lion in a tick, your round lol

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member

It greys it out as auto(if I remember), Im not sure it is off myself, this need verifying by Panasonic or THX.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Think about 1:1 pixel mapping. Now move that image to right by 4 pixels what will you see on the left? A black gap 4pixels wide. This is just an example but i assume to prevent black bars they turn the option for pixel shift off.

Sorry we cant have advertising of any alcohol serving establishment, this is a respectable site.:nono:....

........:D just kiddin:laugh: in a silly mood.:rolleyes:

panman40

Distinguished Member
It greys it out as auto(if I remember), Im not sure it is off myself, this need verifying by Panasonic or THX.
Cheers Scoobs, :), looks like 'Know it all' has the answers;):laugh:.

Yeah makes perfect sense;), of course i knew that already but just wanted to test you guys out :zonked::rotfl:,
Yeah i will have another Baileys over ice :beer: lol

panman40

Distinguished Member
Sorry we cant have advertising of any alcohol serving establishment, this is a respectable site.:nono:....

........:D just kiddin:laugh: in a silly mood.:rolleyes:
Hey your wasting bandwidth there mate :lesson: LOL :rotfl:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Hey your wasting bandwidth there mate :lesson: LOL :rotfl:

.........whats that?:D

It may be the orbiter is turned off, I dont know for sure hence it needs checking before stating so, I know slc79 has done some testing, but I also know both my V20 and GT30 were fine using THX for gaming.

panman40

Distinguished Member
.........whats that?:D

It may be the orbiter is turned off, I dont know for sure hence it needs checking before stating so, I know slc79 has done some testing, but I also know both my V20 and GT30 were fine using THX for gaming.
I got no idea :laugh:, I keep getting told about it though :rolleyes:lol, I dont really watch ch's with heavy logos or do any Gaming so its not an issue for me either but was just curious ;).

So to stay on topic 'Green Tinge' :eek::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?

Trending threads

Latest News

TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG GX soundbar launches in UK