1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Tinge around certain objects

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cj, Jul 31, 2003.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    When I watch any source on my BD808s there now appears to be a green tinge around objects wherthere is a big brightness contrast e.g. a person's head against a light sky. The tinge is quite pronounced. Any ideas what this means, and how I might remedy it?

Thanks,

Colin

2. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the absence of other replies yet, this sounds to me like the phosphor on the Green tube is saturating.

This shows itself as a green 'smear' to the side of a highlight.

If so, it should disappear as you reduce Contrast on the remote. It's probably an indication that the tubes are getting on a bit or that there is an internal adjustment needed. The Green appears first because it is generating most of the light and therefore is driven hardest.

If it is just a slight green halo evenly around objects it may be that focus is a little out.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on these units will chip in soon (I think Roland may be incommunicado at the moment?)

3. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Thanks Richard,

I'd hoped it was maybe something I could adjust to make it go away...

4. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Now I feel really stupid - the "green tinge" was a result of my 8 month old son getting his sticky hands on the remote - the contrast was way, way up which resulted in the described green tinge. When I reset the the brightness/contrast settings it all went away :blush: