green simpsons?

keyser

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a pioneer 737 player, and its hooked to my sony widescreen set via scart. I have the player set to RGB, but when I was gonna watch the simpsons DVD there was a green color to everything, but when I switched my dvd player setup to the normal composite output they were yellow and normal. Why the hell is this, this sucks because I cant switch between s-video and RGB without changing the scart input on the back on my TV. Why does the RGB mode have that weird color?? I would´ve thought that for a DVD player that price I could watch the Simpsons in good quality without them beying green.

It sounds as if the player set the output to YPbPr component - that would give a green image with RGB inputs.

What he is saying is that your player is outputting component video rather than RGB. If you look at the back of the player you will see 3 phono sockets marked component (also known as YPbPr).
You say you are using SCART. I know that some players can output component through a SCART socket so maybe the Pioneer also has this facility.
Do all your DVD's have a green tinge or just the simpsons?

Check your menus and if there is any mention of the component output then set it to off and the RGB output to on.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help but if anyone has a Pioneer 737 out there maybe they can help you more.

good luck
Darren

Thanks for your help guys. But I had my player set to rgb scart, not to component, so I dont know what the problem is. I dont really know if its just on the simpsons but I think so. I just noticed it because I,m so used to seeing the simpsons in normal color. But most other movies I see for the first time on dvd so I dont know if I've maybe been watching them in weird colors. The fact that the simpsons dvd is region 1 wouldn't have anything to to with this phenomenom would it?

ahhhhhhh... I figured it out guys. The scart lead was loose, and that made the rgb go green, but not the component picture.. weird. Are there no scarts available that stick and stay in properly, I thought this was a pretty good one, an expensive profigold model.

When something like that happens it's usually best to check your cables before you post on any boards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom