1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green screen/lines on Philips 28pw6332/05

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pwood, Dec 6, 2003.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    It is especially noticable when in 4/3 mode where the screen has a green background with thin lighter green lines across it. if I switch to superzoom the problem is lessened but still there. I also notice that Dark movies/programs produce a smear effect with lighter objects ie. Candles. Had the set for 4 years.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    This sounds like the tube - a very common problem with recent Philips sets as a search on here will show. If it is confirmed as the tube and you don't have any form of extended warranty, contact Philips direct and see what they have to say. These tubes were used in many manufacturers' products and the word in the trade is that Philips are far less accomodating other manufacturers. A firm approach will probably pay off.

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Thanks for th advice.
    I suppose I will have to get a local engineer our to confirm its the tube before I call Philips. Trouble is after 4 years I can't see Philips doing anything. Has anyone heard of Philips ever fixing a TV out of warranty. The annoying thing is TV's are getting cheaper all the time but I want to wait till Plazma/LCD start looking better with Off air broadcasts before I take the plunge. I don't usually bother with warrantys but i think with TV's I will in the future.