Green screen flashes with Marantz NR1402

harpsichord3626

Novice Member
Hi,

I've got a Marantz NR1402 connected via HDMI to a Humax Fox T2 HDR PVR, Sony BDP S370 bluray player and PS3. The Marantz outputs the video to a LG 8900LE.

Everything is fine when viewing via the PVR but when I view via the bluray player I occassionally get picture breakup at the bottom half of the screen where the image becomes distorted and becomes green in colour. I also see the screen occassionally blanking when viewing/playing via the PS3.

The same HDMI cables are used for all sources. All sources used to be connected directly to the TV and I never experienced any problems.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Regards,
Harp

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
For diagnostic purposes, try switching the PS3 and BDP-S370 to 1080i and disabling all scaling / deinterlacing in the amp, if available. Does this resolve the problem?

stint

Standard Member
I was wondering if the OP was able to fix the problem.

I am in the middle of troubleshooting a very similar issue (green bars flashing on the bottom of screen when using the PS3) and am interested in what may or may not have worked.

Thanks!

harpsichord3626

Novice Member
I'm still experiencing the problem, strange thing is that we don't get any problems when viewing Blurays or DVDs, we only get the issue when viewing content from our NAS via the Bluray player.

I haven't had time to turn on the PS3 recently due to the arrival of my baby son :)

Harp

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
To both of you, try switching everything to 1080i and disabling deep colour. Also disable all video processing (scaling, deinterlacing) in the amp. Does this resolve the problem? (I can't help you if you won't answer this simple diagnostic question addressing the most common cause of the described problem).

harpsichord3626

Novice Member
Hi,

Apologises for the sporadic replies but there's a newborn and toddler taking all my time. I will try what you've suggested and let you know how we get on.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom