Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Green Picture using RGB input on Sony KV36FS76

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by coscast, Apr 13, 2003.

1. coscast

coscast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I connect the DVD player to the tv via the RGB scart the picture is green. This doesn't happen if I use a non RGB slot on the TV, or if I plug the Video into the RGB slot - does this mean that my DVD player (Philips 622) does not output RGB or are the colour settings up the spout ?

Regards,

Mark

2. coscast

coscast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your dvd player doesnt support rgb, i would think the screen would be b/w.

4. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Sounds like the cable's at fault to me. Is it a fully wired scart?

5. coscast

coscast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your response.

I've tried a couple of scarts, one which is fully wired. Could it be an issue with the DVD player itself?

Regards,

Mark

6. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go into your dvd players sey up menu and see what signal its outputting, then let us know.

7. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't help you other than to say I think some Sony TVs are fussy when it comes to DVD players. The reason I say that is when I bought my 32LS60 last year, I plugged in my Sky box and DVD player (both set to RGB output) and the Sky box looked OK, but the DVD player looked green. This was my trusty LG3350 that has performed very well on other TVs. Then tried cheapo Proline DVD from upstairs, and got a washed out picture - i.e. 2 DVD players and no watchable picture (cable is an AV2110, so shouldn't be a problem there). Suspected TV-DVD compatibility, so bought (for research purposes) a Sony 305 DVD player from Argos and all was OK. Then took 305 back and ordered a multiregion Sony 405, and everything has been fine since.

Should also say that someone at work was on the internal newsgroups with the same problem - Sony TV and green picture, can't remember make of DVD player, but it was the same problem.

8. ilovemyprobe

ilovemyprobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the exact same problem with my LCD panasonic TV and my Jamo DRM 61 DVD/receiver via RGB composite.

I plugged my RGB cables into the back of my sky HD box and got the exact same green picture as with the Jamo DVD player, therefore it follows that my DVD player is OK. I also plugged the HDMI cable from sky HD into the DVD player and got a great picture too.

It follows that the green picture is caused by the actual RGB cable or the TV.............but def not my DVD player.