• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Green picture on Arcam DV79

MarkTy

Standard Member
I have my Arcam DV 79 linked via Lumagen HDP to my screen, but suddenly the picture has gone all green.
The young one has obviosuly fiddled with the remote.....What do i need to get normal picture back. My system was set by Joe...so I'm struggling at the monet

Any help appreciated

Timbo21

Prominent Member
If the color space has got changed, I believe that can turn everything green.

Also, why not speak to Joe?

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If this isn't cured yet....

If you are going 576i to Lumagen make sure Lumagen is set to TYPE 422HDMI
You also want to set the DVD to output YUV on it's HDMI output. You can ONLY do this by looking at the analogue signal from the player. Hook a composite or svideo lead up from it to the scaler. Then look at that input on scaler and press SETUP on the DVD player remote.

Now set PRIORITY TO ANALOGUE, PROGRESSIVE TO OFF, FORCE DVI TO OFF and then go to digtil video out and set it to YUV. Now press SETUP to exit.

Go to the HDMI input on the scaler and you should be sorted.

The requirement to look at analogue output of DVD player is nothing to do with Lumagen for those reading...it's a weirdo "feature" of Arcam DVD players.

Gordon

LFCRules

Prominent Member
Hi,

Having a Arcam DVD player myself, DV29, this has happended many a time to me, when switching between the progressive HDMI output and RGB Scart output. What I do is go into the Arcam Video setup menu and change the analogue video setting from component to RGB.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom