Green Lines On screen

meggy

Hello all , forgive me if im in the wrong place but i was curious to see if anyone knows why my sons xbox 360 is showing intermittent green lines on screen.This has become apparent last few days playing cod.Googled it but i can only find very old posts.Im getting serious ear ache i think the console may just be over a year old,scared to look out receipt !Tv seems fine and already changed hdmi lead.Thanks in advance.;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 498601

Does the Xbox display the same green lines on other TV's? From what you've said so far, it looks fairly certain to be a fault with the xbox...

meweavy

Distinguished Member
my picture went green on my xbox some years back and it was the graphics card.not sure if it is the same as your problem,but the graphics card made my picture turn green.

my picture went green on my xbox some years back and it was the graphics card.not sure if it is the same as your problem,but the graphics card made my picture turn green.

I had a TV that after a while the component connection added thin green lines. I did think it was the Xbox but later I found out it was the TV.

meweavy

Distinguished Member
I had a TV that after a while the component connection added thin green lines. I did think it was the Xbox but later I found out it was the TV.

mine wasnt really green lines,just the whole picture,then the picture dissapeared altogether,i had this on 2 of my xboxes,but that was well over 3 years ago,i think they are made better nowadays.

meggy

I will try and take a picture of it.A good description would be similar to the matrix effect on the film !

meggy

Please see pic, bought july last year so aprox 16 months old.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:
Thats a graphics issue. I would contact Xbox support and tell them the issue. I might even ask them for an email address and send them the picture.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Yeh, looks like the graphics chip is toast to me.

poliorock

Standard Member
Hello,

Were you able to resolve the issue by chance? I'm having the very same issue but only since I purchased the Onkyo TX-NR609. The Xbox360 plays perfectly when hooked directly to the TV but I can't figure out why this is happening with the receiver.

Hope you were able to fix the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom