Green Lantern: Beware My Power Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score

Green Lantern: Beware My Power Movie Review​

an odd title, i thought.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power Movie Review​

an odd title, i thought.
“In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might beware my power… Green Lantern's light!”

1658407406076.png

I enjoyed this overall but it doesn't exactly snap at times, could've done with more funnies and made use of Aldis' acting talents further, in voicing additional dialogue to set his state of mind up instead of relying on brooding scenes. Hodge is good though and once i got past keep hearing John Stewart and flashing to the real one it was easy to go along for the ride.
Jimmy Simpson does well with the role of Green Arrow which, is one of those kind of dubious characters with no other ability than whooshing off various arrow heads. Fortunately, GA always had snark and so offers levity.
Hawkgirl is one note, does get tiresome at times and as this is trying to get GL's JS off to the races, felt a bit lame.
Adam Strange was one of the more interesting and kickass gun wielding characters but what they did with Hal may have some fanboys/girls shaking their fists and/or let down at not using Fillion. The latter also had a weird moment with his proclaiming Sinestro as his willing acolyte, when in fact he ran like a little bitch to get away from him when he went yellow - yup, agree, Cas, the catchword-less yellow thing doesn't work.
Sinestro was amusing but the rest of his crew did little.
I also laughed when JS thanked Hawkgirl for dropping him off when, isn't that your new ride dude?!
It's a promising JS outing and if they bunched him up with a decent crew could certainly work well...recharging crock pot aside.

I enjoyed this overall but it doesn't exactly snap at times, could've done with more funnies and made use of Aldis' acting talents further, in voicing additional dialogue to set his state of mind up instead of relying on brooding scenes. Hodge is good though and once i got past keep hearing John Stewart and flashing to the real one it was easy to go along for the ride.
Jimmy Simpson does well with the role of Green Arrow which, is one of those kind of dubious characters with no other ability than whooshing off various arrow heads. Fortunately, GA always had snark and so offers levity.
Hawkgirl is one note, does get tiresome at times and as this is trying to get GL's JS off to the races, felt a bit lame.
Adam Strange was one of the more interesting and kickass gun wielding characters but what they did with Hal may have some fanboys/girls shaking their fists and/or let down at not using Fillion. The latter also had a weird moment with his proclaiming Sinestro as his willing acolyte, when in fact he ran like a little bitch to get away from him when he went yellow - yup, agree, Cas, the catchword-less yellow thing doesn't work.
Sinestro was amusing but the rest of his crew did little.
I also laughed when JS thanked Hawkgirl for dropping him off when, isn't that your new ride dude?!
It's a promising JS outing and if they bunched him up with a decent crew could certainly work well...recharging crock pot aside.
WOW Im looking forwards to this now Adam was one of my early doors comic favorits second only to The Flash. Always one that used his wits than super powers.
Hope the used the original costume rather than the crappy one that looked like one of the crappy X-Men X designs with what looks like a l harness across the chest rather than thin ones also the helmet in the later versions looked like off a toy.
1658583421738.png

WOW Im looking forwards to this now Adam was one of my early doors comic favorits second only to The Flash. Always one that used his wits than super powers.
Hope the used the original costume
Looks like this, after being bounced around in the wild multiverse for years.
gdog.JPG

Has an excellent fight with Hawkgirl.

Nothing like the comics, frankly nothing really distinguishing about him and his hair was blond, that one looks like the got some one out of a back ally living in carboard city and looks like been rolling in his waste.
Back in the day they had advertising artist that knew what sold comics, pretty good costume. And nearly always a dilemma for Adam to work out on the cover.
1658598015923.png

Nothing like the comics, frankly nothing really distinguishing about him and his hair was blond, that one looks like the got some one out of a back ally living in carboard city and looks like been rolling in his waste.
Back in the day they had advertising artist that knew what sold comics, pretty good costume. And nearly always a dilemma for Adam to work out on the cover.
View attachment 1728203
He looks cool in the new film and not out with the 1920's Oxford vs Cambridge Gin set.

He looks cool in the new film and not out with the 1920's Oxford vs Cambridge Gin set.
More with the ripped jeans and shirt half out on one side, and smelling of sweat and pee, and lost their razor mmm I suppose that does pass for cool these days. :rolleyes:
Oh he got his costume on Rann not knocked up on on Earth by Waynetta Slob.:laugh:

Last edited:
I disagree with the review speaking about Hal,

Alan Scott has always always been famous if you count him and Kyle Rayner was a big name too, John Stewart outside of the JLU hasn't been that great and the modern versions are very dull.

Guy Gardner is ok.

Modern John Stewart's backstory felt a little too much for me, then again I don't like many modern origin stories, a character becomes super by their actions becoming and being a hero, not because they have a complex backstory.

I disagree with the review speaking about Hal,
I don't know what you referring to but Hal Jordan has the be the most famous Green Lantern he was one of the very first hero's to be brought to life in the Silver age following Barry Allen's Flash. He was one of the original JLA and although other characters had runs as Green Lantern his appearances vastly out weigh those.
Although John Stewart was in the Justice League cartoons, Hal had his own series and a number of films.

Hal was seen as dull and was replaced many times in the comics Kyle despite his flaws was seen as much better. John was dull too but for different reasons.

Most of the Silver Age version of heroes were dull, Wally was a better character than Barry, Kyle was a better character than Hal.

Hal was written pre rebirth to basically be born without fear and quite one dimensional.

I suppose you can say more famous in one sense but there was multiple GL's running around at one point and Hal wasn't well liked.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom