1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Image through Component Lead.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by El Ninio, Mar 24, 2002.

1. El Ninio

El Ninio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Denon 2800, one of the reasons was to make use of it's progressive scan chip made by silicon image. I had a demo of the I-Scan a little while back and while impressed it didn't blow me away. I decided to buy the Denon instead, it has component out.
    To make use of this with my Panasonic 701e which doesn't have component in sockets I had to buy a D-sub 15 pin connector to 5 BNC's from Maplins Electronics {described and shown in the Panasonic Manual} I also had to use phono socket adaptors so it could go into the back of the Denon. I fired up Phantom Menace to try the lead and lo and behold while the image is crisper and more definded than the previous S-Video it is completely GREEN. Now it says that the Panasonic can take this single through 1 of it's 2 RGB sockets, but as I say the image is just one colour, green.
    Is there maybe something i am not doing, a tweak on the DVD player or is the Denon not able to recognise this type of adaptor lead and project the RGB signal other than the green channel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: Are there any good Denon 2800 fansites out there worth checking as I want to release the full potential of this fine player.

Thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    Your projector has not recognised the YPrPb signal and is processing it as if it's RGB. The Y information is being sent to the Green input. That's why you see detail as most of the detail is in the Y part of the component.

There may be a menu somewhere on the projector to tell the thing to recognise this signal type on that input. IOf there is not then either the projector is brokenor it cannot recognise a PROGRESSIVE component signal but can recognise an INTERLACED one.

Gordon

3. El Ninio

El Ninio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will change the Denon to interlaced and see if the projector picks it up then. Also I have just oredered a Scart to VGA connect lead http://www.keene.co.uk/system/keene.htm
    from Keene Electronics, Unit 9, Old Hall Mills Business Park, Little Eaton, Derbyshire DE21 5DN UK
    ,will I have the same problem as before or will the panasonic accept the signal and display in colour.

Thanks again.

4. Nexus6

Nexus6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem and all you do is press the NTSC-PAL button on the remote, this will clear the green image and give it to you in colour. When the players are shipped as multi region they default to NTSC and this will give the incorrect single out from the component sockets, just reset to PAL and that should be fine.