• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Green-I Ceiling Mount PIR movement sensor/Green- I control

Rick2102

Hi guys,

Am thinking about using the Green-I light switches as I have read quite alot of good about them on the forum.

Has anyone used the ceiling mount PIR movement sensors (Code is GEFL)? I think these will be good for our porch, saves switching a light on while trying to open the door and find the key, and also I think they will work well in the hall and landing as am going to put lights in the skirting boards in the hall, up the stairs and on the landing a) it looks good, and b) so don't trip over the cat first thing in the morning :facepalm:

The other thing is the controllers you get for them look a bit, in a word cheap and :censored: Was thinking a Harmony 1100 might do the job, Jaybird said you have to point the control at it directly to make it work, but has anyone used anything else/got any ideas? What I really want is to use an app on my Iphone, but the only way I can think of is that I would have to create my own app with a universal remote, and then have one of these connected http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RedEye-Mi...UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2a168ff252

Is this correct?

Any ideas, advice?

Thanks, Rick. :smashin:

schford

Rick,

If you get a bunch of individual stand alone systems then I think you will regret it - you will save money in the short term but how will it work in the long term and how will you expand and integrate?

Take the porch - wouldn't you want your alarm system to know if it was triggered? eg in my house when you open the drive gate the alarm switches on the outside lights plus the porch light so you can see to open the door.

When you then open the front door the alarm switches on the hall lights (if they are off) so you can see when you walk in. IF the alarm is in night mode and the gate is opened it triggers an alarm - if the outside movements are triggered it switches all the lights on and beeps the alarm - if it continues to trigger it will alarm.

I believe the Green-I stuff is fab value for money but how practical will IR control be for you - you will need to point a remote at it to get it to turn off and on...plus nothing else can control it easily.

eg if a fire alarm sounds then the alarm would not turn all the light son for you. Also they are limited to 2 circuits. I thought that you were going to have more than that in your lounge.

In my lounge as an example I have 8 circuits - ceiling lights, wall lights, fire lights, lamp, RGB TV, RGB Fire, RGB Mirror and RGB cabinet - all controlled from my light switch by the door, the alarm or remotely via iphone!

Rick2102

Hi Stuart.

I know I will, and was never planned as long term as long term is Rako as it integrates with everything and I want 1 thing that does all (APP wise) like the Demo Pad. I have and am putting all the wiring in for the Rako, just can't afford the whole system at the min as it is going to cost quite a bit each room. Would like to plan it all out and confirm if I have included everything, but this will be after Christmas.

I have looked at the Lightwave RF as that looks fairly simple to use etc and might bridge a gap for the time been, and the sockets look quite good too.

Like you said pointing at a switch, is a pain and will do my head in!!

With regards to the fire alarm, is it all wired back to your consumer unit and how does that integrate with your alarm?

Yeah the lounge is going to have at least 4, so like you said it wont work.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is RGB TV, RGB Fire, RGB Mirror and RGB cabinet?

Rick. :smashin:

schford

Hi Rick,

RGB are the contollers for the RGB strips behind stuff

My House Fire Alarms are all mains powered with a lithium battery and interconnected. They have an output which is connected into my comfort alarms input. So if it gets triggered the comfort alarm activates various responses, turning lights on, phone ppl etc.

Stuart

Mdre83

schford said:
Hi Rick,

RGB are the contollers for the RGB strips behind stuff

My House Fire Alarms are all mains powered with a lithium battery and interconnected. They have an output which is connected into my comfort alarms input. So if it gets triggered the comfort alarm activates various responses, turning lights on, phone ppl etc.

Stuart

Hi Sturat,

Fairly new to this, is your setup using the RAKO system then?

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom