Green flash on Sky Digital

El_JimBob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Wondered if anyone could help - an annoying green flash keeps appearing onscreen whilst im watching....

Had the same prob a few weeks back, but put that down to the fact that i was running my satellite dish lead through a Belkin power conditioner at the time (unplugged it, plugged it straight into the back of the Sky box again, and the problem vanished) - but now it's reared it's ugly head again.

My dad told me he had the same prob with his own box (in the lounge downstairs) just after our installation nearly 2 years ago, but it had vanished over time (he got no help on the matter from Sky btw)....

Trouble is, i'm finding it very hard to ignore the bloody thing, seeing as it's permanently embedded on my recordings, too :(

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

(Sky box says signal strength is 100% and signal quality 75% - could these potentially be an issue?)

If yours is the only box in the house that is showing this problem, I would put it down to a faulty box. Does it happen on all channels, or just particular ones?
The quality and strength readings you have are excellent.

From what i've seen, it only seems to be certain channels, but i can't say i'm completely sure of that. It happens completely at random, so i guess i might be missing it sometimes....

My skybox is one of the old black Pace models - my father (who initially had the problem too) has one of the newer silver coloured ones.

Reckon it's worth a call to customer service?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom