green faces

stegalv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i downloaded some 720p demos to try out my pc which is connected to a sony tv by a dvi to hdmi lead, and everything looked ok.
when i try to watch them now (power dvd/ winamp player/ media player), the skin of any people in the clip are green,other colours are probably wrong as well but the green skin is a giveaway that something is not right.
how can i pinpoint what the problem is? it is only video clips that shows this problem

what codec are your 720P movies in ?

I've had green artifacts with xvid in the past

these particular files are wmv files,
anyone please

that's usually solved globally by making changes in WMP alone.

Tools, Options, Performace, Advanced - under video acceleration click or unclick "Use Video mixing editor" and/or "use overlays"

thanks natt,just tried those suggestions and played with other settings with no luck,so i tried playing in winamp and turned off hardware video overlay,that seems to work,any idea why?
they were all working previously without changing any settings.

Sounds like it's a s/ware issue although it's possible it could be a physical cause - this sort of discolouration can happen due to magnetic interference. Is your equipment near an unshielded speaker?

nope,it's nothing like that jim,like i said if i turn hardware video overlay off in winamp the clip plays ok, but in any other player all skin tones are bright green.

perhaps you've got G card settings software running which makes a global setting?
In WMP you couldn't overide this, but Winamp let you?

thanks natt,looks like graph card settings are the problem (nvidea 7600gt),it is the hue setting that keeps going to 100%.
i turn it down to 50% and save the setting, which plays the clips in normal colour,but when i reopen the clip, it's the wrong colours again and the hue is back to 100%,any idea why i can't save the setting?

My next step would be to change the nvidea driver package, there's always a newer one available.
Not ideal, as it's one of those "tinkering" things that can lead to problems but is 9 out of 10 times OK.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom