Green eyed monster

Simon3119

This little chap I found in the garden yesterday. Taken with my D300 and Elicar macro lens at 1:1. I moved backwards and forwards slowly whilst taking plenty of shots and this was the best of the bunch.

No cropping involved, increased the saturation and clarity, added a strong contrast curve and sharpened slightly. I then used the lasso tool around its eye as the bottom half was in shadow to lighten it a little.

5692047705_f937a5720c_b.jpg
[/url] alien by [email protected], on Flickr[/IMG]

shotokan101

Banned
Nice capture Simon - I think I'd prefer it a little less close in to prevent the clipping of legs and wings but I appreciate that with Macro shots the DOF available doesn't allways allow that luxury with larger insects :)

Jim

Simon3119

I agree Jim, it was a spare of the moment thing and I got carried away when something actually landed in my garden.

shotokan101

Banned
I agree Jim, it was a spare of the moment thing and I got carried away when something actually landed in my garden.

I know what you mean - I'm in awe of what some folks on here seem to have in their gardens - I'm sure everything actually hides when I walk out with a camera :(

Jim

Miranda

Looks alien indeed. Nice capture. I have a bit of a same problem with Jim, they seem to vanish when I come around. Only ladybirds stay put ;)

tryingtimes

Very nice.
I think that the close crop and unusual angle enhances the 'legs everywhere' spideriness of the creature.
Amazing looking thing!

D

Deleted member 27989

Wow what a creature, like the colours but a little to tight. Then again I am now left wondering what is going on :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom