Question Green colour when streaming video through 4K firestick and Pioneer VSX-LX 70

nigpd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've got a head scratch that I can't solve and wondered if you experienced chaops might be able to help, please.

When streaming video using the 4K firestick attached to the Pioneer VSX-LX 70 receiver and displayed with a Panasonic PT-AT5000E projector, the colour of the screen has a really bad green tint/hue to it. The audio is fine.

On doing some testing, it also happens with my other Firestick. Both Firesticks play normally when attached to my TV.

The projector plays perfectly when connected to the blu-ray player

All connections are via HDMI

Would any of you guys be able to point me in the direction of the cause and how to rectify this, please? TIA

Last edited:
How long is the HDMI cable? Length is certainly a factor in video problems with 4K signals.

It could be that the input into the Pioneer is not fully 4K capable. I'm not a Pioneer amp owner so can't help with set up or specs.

It could be that the input into the Pioneer is not fully 4K capable. I'm not a Pioneer amp owner so can't help with set up or specs.
@gibbsy I thought that too, because the receiver is getting on a bit now, but still serves a purpose.
I tried my other non 4k firestick, but had the same green tint.

Have you tried plugging the firestick directly into one of the receivers HDMI sockets, to eliminate a cable issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom