Greece Goverment crazy or sane?

This will get thrown out by the EU courts - but only when someone takes the Greek equivalent of a Judicial Review and pursues it that far.

It's very rare (in fact I can't think of a case) where the EU courts will pro-actively rule on member state law without someone having brought a case.

I don't know much about Greece, or their legal system, but I'd be shocked if something like this could stand up in court.

In this article in The Register, it mentions that the Greek government is "incapable of distinguishing innocuous video games from illegal gambling machines"

It's pretty scary that they would go to such lengths just to crack down on gambling.

I would have thought that before the 'Planespotters' fiasco. It is clear to me that the Greek authorites are masters of over reaction and plain pig headedness. I can see them sticking by this, for a while anyway.

I was thinking mobile phones would have to be banned because of games like SNAKE pre-installed on them.

I read on Teletext that they have even band playing games in private. My first reaction was it was a hoax, looked at the date, not 1st April.
Burning books next????

I was talking to a friend of mine who went to Greece. Supposedly when he was at a station in Athens police came up to him and a friend playing cards and confiscated the pack and threatened to arrest them. Scary stuff.

This sounds like the kind of law the government would pass in Australia...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom