Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Greatest Sporting Legends recording blocked?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by scitech, May 30, 2005.

1. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky One Sunday 5th June.

I tried to set up a recording for this today and the Sky+ just doesn't respond. I can record the progs on either side of it no problemo.

Can anyone else try it for me?

Is this Sky blocking the recording? I assume they can do that with individual programmes given the control they have with Box Office recordings.

Is this how they're going to get round the advertising issue with PVRs, blocking recording of prime time stuff?

Or is it just duff epg information and I'm being paranoid?

Please let me know!

Thanks.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    It's happended before and a call to SKY CS will get the corrupted EPG data corrected.
    If you don't won't to pay for the call then perhaps an email or just setup a manual recording in the mean time.

Can't at this time test it myself, I dare not interrupt the footy for health reasons:)

3. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Starburst.

So I assume that this problem is system wide rather than just sepicific to my box. Correct? If that's so then Sky should be getting a few calls about it.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Tried it myself now and it won't allow it to be tagged for recording so it is probably corrupt EPG data.

They will only get calls if people think there is something they can do about it:)
    You only have to read these and other forums to realise everything upto losing channels can/is tolerated by some as being par for the course!

5. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very true :) .

However, in this case it's not a massive problem as a manual recording can still be set up.

I'll email Sky anyway because there may be others out there who don't have the privilige of being a member of these forums with all the information contained therein :D !

6. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update:

I emailed Sky very briefly about this problem yesterday. Impressively, I had a reply in my Inbox this morning, unimpressively it was this :

Don't these people read emails? I had exactly the same thing from the BBC website the other day - I emailed them with a query and they answered a totally different question. Anyway, I replied to this email basically saying that as it wasn't directly connected to my account and as I was only emailing as a favour then I wasn't going to waste my time finding my viewing card number and account number.
    A "Thanks for that" would have done :mad: !

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I would say they don't read the emails or at least not the specifics, the automated sorting or any sorting probably put it into an inbox for people dealing with specific account enquires which is why the request for more info.
    There is no need for that sort of info for this problem.
    Bureaucracy gone mad:(

I suspect email CS is more efficent and economic but only if the system is well organised!

8. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From Sky:

That's a bit more like it :thumbsup: .