Great Xbox 360 customer support experiance.

Merx

Standard Member
About a month ago my Xbox 360s tray stopped going back in on its own. So I decided to get it fixed.

So I rang them up and they said they would send UPS documents to my e-mail address. And to stick them on the front of a plain brown box for UPS collection.

So while I waited the predicted 12-24 hours for the printouts to come through I went and got a Mr.Kipling box from my local shop.

By the time I had got home I checked my e-mail and there were the printouts. So I printed them and rang up the UPS number provided in the e-mail for collection. They said "Ok, somebody will be there in 4-5 hours". So I was like "Great". Phone down.

So I started to wrap the 360. Put it in some bubble wrap and I had just got it in the box and the phone went.

"Hi this is UPS, there is a driver in your area now. They will be there at 3.30" . It was about 3.15 at the time. So I started to hastily wrap my 360 and seal the box. Just as I finnished the UPS guy arrived.

He stuck the printouts to the box, said cheers and drove off.

Now I have missed out some time where I had dinner and walked to the shop and back and got ready to go out etc.

But from the moment I called Microsoft to the moment the UPS guy knocked at my door, it was just under 4 hours.

7 days later UPS showed up at my door with a 360. I checked the serial number on the back and Microsoft had given me a new 360!

And mine was a launch 360 so I had "gained" all the months of use back. If you know what I mean..

So yea. Fantastic service. Basically, if they ask to send the labels to your house or to e-mail. GET THEM SENT TO YOUR E-MAIL!

On a side note. As I walked into my local shop and asked the rather attractive girl behind the counter "Now this is going to sound like a weird request" the look on her face was hilarious. I think she was expecting me to ask her for weird sex stuff!

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Sounds like the had the exact same problem as I have now(the draw not going back in without a push). I'm going to send M$ an email now, although it's a lot more complicated for me living where I live with a UK PAL 360 unfortunatly.

Glad to hear your experience was a good one though, always reasuring.

MMalik81

Novice Member
where do you live?

i live in Bahrain with a uk pal xbox 360. i hope i would not face such issues. is it true only launch and early consoles were defective?

We got UPS in bahrain but i hope they do provide such service for me here.

Argee1977

Novice Member
From first phonecall to picking the xbox up took them 6 weeks with me, in that time they managed to get my address wrong 4 times (each time with a postcode that didn't exist), they also managed to get my email wrong on each but the last occasion, when i finally got it picked up they sent me a reconditioned unit which was 6 months older than the one i sent in, and to top it all off i used it for half an hour and then it started freezing, within 2 hours it wouldn't start and would only give me the 3 red lights.

Oh yes, and they seem to have lost me on their system, they have no record of my email address (even though they sent me the labels through that), they have no record of my address (where the xbox was registered), no record of my name (which i have given 4 times) and no record of my first xbox serial number.

chaddy

Banned
:mad: nope mine just broke :mad: , not had 3 red lights, but keep getting a checkerboard type of pattern or the xbox shuts off by it's self, D.O.B. is 2006.03.01
Whats the number for microsoft.

beasty54

Merx said:
7 days later UPS showed up at my door with a 360. I checked the serial number on the back and Microsoft had given me a new 360!
mine has to be one of the quickest.... called MS on sunday night, 3pm monday afternoon DHL turned up with a box for me to put the 360 in then they came back at 5 to collect the 360..... 10am wednesday morning i had a brand new 360.

Waynej

chaddy said:
:mad: nope mine just broke :mad: , not had 3 red lights, but keep getting a checkerboard type of pattern or the xbox shuts off by it's self, D.O.B. is 2006.03.01
Whats the number for microsoft.
Don't bother with MS. PAckage it all back together and walk into the store you purchased from and demand a replacement. Do it on a Saturday when they're really busy and hang around to irritate them.

chaddy

Banned
how long does it take to get the e-mail ? Phoned at 10.30pm still awaiting, and do DHL do Sundays ?
Also my guy was french and was a little hard to understand, do i have to put it in a box or do they send me one or do DHL bring one ?

chaddy

Banned
Waynej said:
Don't bother with MS. PAckage it all back together and walk into the store you purchased from and demand a replacement. Do it on a Saturday when they're really busy and hang around to irritate them.
won it in the pepsi comp. so can't take it back to a shop.

chaddy

Banned
can anyone tell me ?
How long does it take for microsoft to email you back ?