Great way to set sub 5.1 SACD

mickbirch2000

Have recently got Pentatone SACD sampler vol2 which includes test tones on the SACD layer for a few pounds. This includes a novel & very clever way to set the sub level up with stepped freq of same level from 60hz-120hz sent to the front right channel & sub simultaneously, the freq to one of them is 0.2hz different which means that when the levels heard from both are nearly equal, as the signals go in phase they get louder & as they go out of phase quieter, when the levels are exactly identical there is a short period when they are out of phase the signal disapears altogether. I found my sub was set slightly high from my listening position & have adjusted it accordingly. I have got my front speakers set to large in the AV amp menu as the XTZ 99.25s are very capable speakers & now SACD music is sublime. If you are not sure about your sub level on SACD then I recomend this disc wholeheartedly.
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom