Great Tabletop All in One - Sangean WR3

subbu68

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking for an audio setup for our bedroom. Sometimes I get tired of my full audio setup in the living room. Looked at PC spkrs. Seemed expensive proposition for I needed to buy an ipod too to play music. And cannot play our CDs without a CD Player. Radio listening has to remain MONO from one of the my portables. I could not move the PC to bedroom as it is connected to my TV in the living.

Then I turned to table tops. On the net I came across ONKYO CBX100,CBX300, YAMAHA TSX100,PHILIPS DCM230,BOSE WAVERADIO.

Not many reviews about ONKYO/YAMAHA. And CBX300 not available in Abu Dhabi yet. PHILIPS not rated well. BOSE is expensive and can play only CDs.

Sangean is known to me for I own a couple of their radios. Great sound, good sensitivity. Had seen WR3 on their website some months back and searched for a review. Same as ONKYO CBX300 - not many reviews. Then I remembered ROBERTS too rebadge SANGEAN and came across ROBERTS MP23. It is the same system as WR3 but with DAB in the UK.So many reviews on it and perhaps none has said bad about it. The few reviews before me in Amazon.com too say good about WR3.

Went for WR3. $190 in Abu Dhabi. It rocks. great clear sound. where does the bass come? with 3D sound ON it gives a spatial effect.

Plays CD/MP3,USB flash,SD cards.can save all that money I need to spend for an ipod. need to get only a few flash drives/SD that can take all our CDs. AUX IN to play an external source.

very good FM reception with just its telescopic aerial. good AM sound too. wooden cabinet. piano finish. can adjust bass and treble while others have preset EQ.

And I found it can take WMA CDs though the manual said MP3 CDs and MP3/WMA from USB/SD card!! What more is required from a good budget system?

Only thing is it restarts CD when source is changed and you come back to the CD.There are no buttons and remote operation only no buttons on the system. The blue light may be annoying for some at night.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom