Great Service from Play.com

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by mjcairney, Nov 5, 2005.

1. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    Recently ordered the 3 DVD set of Coast from play.com which arrived last weekend. When I opened the pack I found that it contained 2 x disk 2 and 1 x disk 3, but no disk 1.

I called them immediately and they told me that I would need to return the set after which they would check it and then either send me a refund or a replacement set, and advised that this would probably take about two weeks.

I said that I thought that was a long time but that I did not want a refund, rather a replacement set of disks.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, two days later I received a new set of disks, having only posted the faulty one the day before - they obviously decided not to bother waiting for my return - that is what I call excellent service. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.

2. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    yep they always put the customer first, like when they paid extra to get the psp's sent out for the day of release, even though they didn't say anything about release date delivery on the site.

3. sdavidsonuk

sdavidsonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    i had something similar from them when I was buyign Sopranos S1 - S4. On one season, there was one disc which didn't have the usual printed surfaces ... very unusual when every other box was complete ... haven't purchased from them since

4. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    Not really sure what point you are making?

Cheers,

Martin.

5. sdavidsonuk

sdavidsonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    hmm, that I bought something from Play (as you did) in good favour (as you did) to find that what I had intended to buy did not match expectations (as you did)

Cheers
    Scott

6. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    Hi Scott,

I need to make the point that I was not complaining - I accept that things can occasionally go wrong and personally judge companies/people by how they react to put things right.

Also, to be fair, I don't think I would blame Play.com for the fact that the correct disks were not in the packaging - this DVD set is actually an Open University product and therefore, if we're looking for someone to lay blame on, then I would guess it would have to be them.

However, again I say that I accept that things can go wrong - we're all human after all - and things were corrected quickly by Play.com who therefore, in my humble opinion anyway, deserve the pat on the pat which I originally give them and endorse again in this post.

Cheers,

Martin.

7. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    .....however (as you didn't) you just refrained from using them again - as opposed to - accepting that it may be a packing mistake by pretty well anybody in the supply chain, calling them, and then being well impressed by the way they dealt with it.

8. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    I must agree with dave1de play always sem to put the customer 1st. A year ago I placed an order for the Jurassic Park boxed set and then soon after the set became temporarily unavailable. I never cancelled the order as I hoped that they would get it in stock eventually. After a few months I forgot about it. Until news hit this forum earlier this year about the new box set. So I went to check the status of my order with play. To my surprise my order had the not the old set listed but the new set. :smashin: Even better, I was being charged the price of the old set (£14.99 then) for it. :thumbsup: And best of all because I 'pre-ordered' it a year before I must have been the first to receive it as I had it about a week before release. :clap:

So top marks for honouring my order. Now I wish the same could be said for sainsburys who have cancelled my order as they can't get it anymore (for the price I want to pay no doubt) or for hmv who others on this forum are having problems with the james bond box set.

9. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    Again, top marks for customer service.

Cheers,

Martin.

10. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    The very few issues I've had with Play have always been dealt with very well. Only issues I have with them is that, unlike a year or two back, their prices don't seem to be a keen. Also they send expensive box sets in flimsy jiffy bags (though they may have improved on this)...PJ

11. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are okay as long as you dont have problems!
    I received some blank DVD+Rs once that should have been -Rs,they said I would have to send them back at my expense and to enclose a copy of the postage receipt so they could refund the P&P cost.
    They also said I would have to wait for them to recieve the "wrong" ones before they would send the correct ones.
    At the end of it all 2 weks later I had the right discs but NO refund for the P&P costs,after lots of chasing I got the £3ish P&P cost refunded.
    At the moment I am waiting for an existing order to go over its due by date before I contact them.
    I ordered an AV lead a few weeks ago and when I checked my order history it said it has been posted and received by me,to my surprise the recorded delivery was signed for when I was at work and no-one else was home.
    Most likely the postie signed it,stuffed it in the letterbox and some passer by has nicked it!