1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great service from Philips

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by elev, Sep 1, 2004.

1. elev

elev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I just became a member to share what excelent service provide Philips in Denmark. I bought one of the first new LCD range from Philips 32PF9986 in the middle of May. I get it from german web shop, because they don't have this model in Denmark at this time, so I actualy bought the TV on blind . The set came in perfect condition, and work very well. The picture is great. Then I read there are some kind of problem with ambilight. I send the serial number of my TV to customer service in Denmark. After a week I receive a call from Philips in Holland, and they told me, my LCD screen is OK, and don't need any modification. They can see this from the number. This happened in the end of Juny. Ten days ago I receive a call from Philips customer service in Denmark, and the lady told me, Philips has decided to pull back all LCD TV sold in Denmark, and replace them with a brand new. And that is not all. As compensation / I don't know for what?/ I get one Philips DVD recorder for free. I could not belive my ears. I thougt it was a joke, but this morning, a man from Philips came whit a van, take my "old" LCD TV, and bring me a brand new sealed Philips 32PF9986, together with Philips DVDR 616. That's I call great customer care.
    :thumbsup:
    Regards from Denmark

2. jackylad

jackylad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Holy :censored: !

How can you get great service and new technologies (HDTV, etc) from every country apart from in the UK. I can't even get them take my money off me for a new LCD screen, it's easier to find Lord Lucan than a 37PF9986.

Nice one Elev! I'm glad you've had a better experience than I have so far. Maybe once I manage the challenge of buying a TV of them I'll be over the moon with their service at some point in the future.

3. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Has the Philips organisation gone to ground in the UK
    I have contacted numerous suppliers in UK to establish availability of 42" 9986 LCD. All negative.
    Perhaps it should have been called "The Lucan Model"- it appears to have disappeared into oblivion.
    NJ