Great news & a quck question

TT Coupe

After months of having a failing HD box that would faiol on the majority of recordings Ive finally got sky to sort it out.

For months they wouldnt do anything about it unless I paid for an engineer to confirm what I already know but last week I got a cracking result.

I phoned up for multiroom as I want this anyway and thought Ill use the old box in the bedroom and the new box downstairs for all the recording but when I called the said there was a problem as with the 1TB box it was showing on the "system" as costing £349! I got put through to a manager and after a bit of polite complaining they said They will get the engineer out to "service" the current box as the HDD is really noisy, free installation of multiroom and I get the 1TB box for £49. She said there was an "offer" on my account. I signed up there and then what a result!

The question I have is although I will be using the old HD box in the bedroom with no HD sub (HD sub for lounge only) can I still connect using a HDMI cable???

The reason for asking is that I have all the cabling running in the walls and was going to prepare everything before the engineers arrival. If this wont work Ill have to use a SCART to Phono/S-Video Adaptor so I can keep the holes in the walls to a minimum.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnbyte

The question I have is although I will be using the old HD box in the bedroom with no HD sub (HD sub for lounge only) can I still connect using a HDMI cable???

Good result, and yes you can: you don't need an HD subscription to be able to connect with an HDMI cable. Plus, you'll still get HD on the FTA/FTV channels like BBC1, and ITV.

Broadz

Distinguished Member

HDMI is more than capable of delivering an SD picture - as hopefully you noticed when watching SD channels on your Sky HD box whilst it was downstairs???

logiciel

What difference does the subscription make to the cable? :confused:
And why did you open a new thread about this when there is already one with scores of examples of the same thing?

TT Coupe

What difference does the subscription make to the cable? :confused:

I asked because I didnt know, I thought that was what forums were for?

And why did you open a new thread about this when there is already one with scores of examples of the same thing?

Because I dont spend my life on forums, Ive got real mates! Therefore Im not up to date with all of these examples.

@Johnbyte: Thanks you for the quick and simple answer!!!

logiciel

Fine, but you joined the forum, and when you joined you agreed to the rules, which include:
"Additional and more detailed rules and guidelines
This one is important! If you have a question you wish to ask in the forums, please first check whether your question has already been answered. You can use the Search facility to do this."
and
"Members of these forums must not
Post libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual".

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom