1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

great new TV but now need amp!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ultimatenyle, Aug 31, 2001.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    woo hoo! <br />finally chose new tv!<br />32 widescreen inches of eye candy! even the girlfriend is impressed! (JVC 32wft1) makes a big difference from my old portable 14"er!

but now i need a surround amp, <br />was considering Denon 1602or Marantz sr4200, both new, dts and pro-logic 2 - is it worthwhile going for a new PL2 amp? - never experienced PL2 but watch a lot of tv programs<br /> <br />since they are both new the local shops dont stock them yet and seems there not gonna?!?

can i call on someones experience of these makes/previous incarnaions and help me choose which would suite me better.

i plan to get the mission m72 av speaker package as i auditioned against tannoy mx series on a pioneer 510 and preferred the sound of the missions.<br />the set up would be used for music (rock, dance) as well as movies(action, kung-fu) my room is around 4.5 by 3.5 meters

any suggestions, additional products, comments, banter and help would be much appreciated<br />cheers

2. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the m7ds rears and i am very happy with them.<br />A friend just bought a full package of m7's.<br />He got the largest floor standers with twin bass drivers.<br />He is very pleased with this, but said the weakest link that he may change was the center.<br />Looking at it, its definatly size over performace design.<br />Good luck with whatever you buy.