Great HTPC Mobo, CPU & Mem bundle at dabs

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by Daveybryce, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Daveybryce

Daveybryce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Got this on a dabs newsletter.

780g/HD3200 amd chipset Mobo, X2 Dual 2.8Ghz cpu and 2 x 1Gb XMS2 Corsair DDR2 800Mhz memory.

Check it out

http://www.dabs.com/bundleview.aspx?quicklinx=4DHS&bdi=678

Just thought if anyone was looking for HTPC build cheap that can cope with Bluray/HDDVD and 1080p mkv files this is the one for you I would say.

:thumbsup:

2. andymaw

andymaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got that email and was wondering if it was a good deal. My main concern with it is that the processor is not one of the energy efficient ones, is it? Would this mean it would run hotter and therefore result in more noise?

3. carlito8

carlito8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    In theory, yes I think so, I've gone for the same motherboard but with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e processor and 2gb of the corsair memory, came to just over £136 last night from scan/ebuyer with some other bits I was ordering.

4. Richie_UK

Richie_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Unfortunately no free shipping with this Dabs offer, so nearly £8 delivery charge (inc VAT). The same components at ebuyer are only £2 more if you select their free shipping. At least at ebuyer you can vary the components you want. If you replace the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ with an Energy Efficient AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ it is only £6 more than the price of the Dabs bundle including delivery.

5. andymaw

andymaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, thanks for the replies, that's kind of what I thought that I'd be just as well off getting it elsewhere with a different cpu.