1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great HCPC case

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by iwilson, Apr 3, 2002.

1. iwilson

iwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Posted this case in another thread but I think its worthly of its own. Personally I think this is the best case I've seen to date. There is a powerbuy taking place on it now for 199 euros + 12 euros shipping. Optional VFD display - its as close to a bit of hifi kit as I've ever seen.

There's a monster thread on it at AVS forum only the last few pages are relevant to the European powerbuy.

More details at this link
    http://www.heimkino.at/prospekt.htm

I have no personal involvement (other than buying one) etc...

Ian

Attached Files:

2. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iwilson, you can follow up the progress AV style PC thread. A lot of us have put in order for the case :cool:

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,784
  4. iwilson

iwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oops, didn't see that thread - I had posted about this case in the begining of March in this thread. But it disappeared without a comment.

Gordon I really like the Digital connection case as well, but wonder the true cost when you add shipping, customs, and VAT. Also its not full height, so although this is not a problem right now who knows what Santa will bring in the future. However the build quality is great compared to the subject case, which essentially is a very cheap case lashed onto a nice coverplate.

Ian

5. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DC case is quite expensive isn't it.

I'm sticking with my normal cheap case and a cupboard. This helps with keeping it quiet too, I have a lot of Quiet PC bits, but it can still annoy me.

My other idea was to get a cheap desktop case, and try and mount it in an aluminium case, you can get various ones for electronics projects so I would think geting one to fit wouldn't be too hard.