1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great film but .................

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, Sep 24, 2001.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I finally managed to get my hand on a film I'v been dying to watch , the way it should be watched - in DD and widescreen - that film being Superman.<br />After having to put up with years of blurry , grainy , pan and scan video , its pure heaven watching this dvd - excellent picture (alright,so the sfx is looking a bit ropey but I can live with it) and a soundtrack to die for - John williams sweeping theme never sounded better and the remixed sound is superb - all in all , for me , this is dvd nirvana.<br />However , here's the problem - I normally buy region one films and was intending to buy it in r1 but out of curiosity , decided to buy the r2 version as there's always talk of r2 being better than r1 on these pages - here's the pro's and cons , great picture and sound , tons of extra's. On the other hand , it comes in warners cheap n crappy cardboard sleeve and worst of all , its a flipper! Can any region one owners tell me how their copies compares with mine as I'm thinking of returning mine and getting the r1 version.<br />One more thing as we pay more for everything in the uk , can anyone confirm that the r2 version of 'Simpsons season one' is being sold for £40 whilst the r1 disc is available for around £17-£18?

2. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    When you say Superman is a flipper, do you mean the film actually stops half way through and has to be turned over, or that the extras are on one side and the film on the other? I was going to buy it today, but if it's the former, then no chance!

Re the Simpsons, I was just about to put up a similar posting. I got the R1 today from Play for £17.99 and even they are listing the R2 for £31.99! And to think that the "authorities" wonder why people buy R1!

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,412
    The DVD is not a flipper. No movies released these days are flippers.

4. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

5. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks guys. I'll go and get it then....