1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Deal!!! Panasonic TH42PA20B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by markbigears, Dec 30, 2003.

1. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    KRISH have this plasma at £2995 at the moment, after a real ding dong with John Lewis they agreed to price match it! plus free delivery and 5 year warranty.... im a happy man! (JL have it priced at £4495!!) dont you just love doing a bit of ringing around!

2. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Which JL did you get to price match?

3. ahigham

ahigham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was the ding dong about?

I've just priced matched on a Pw6 system with tuner that JL had at 3995 and I've matched for 2995. Basically, they are going to check the store out themselves and let me know in a day or three whether they accept the price quoted by a retailer on Tottenham Court Road.

I'd like to know what arguments they put in caser they don't price match.

4. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    right, first thing ..... go to see sales assistant, show them krish advert.... the picture shows a different plasma ... "thats not the same plasma" he says. I tell him ive spoken to them and its just a panasonic screen, dont take notice of the plasma. Assistant says hes too busy to ring, but i say them have them in stock and to ring them now. He rings ... gets a price of £3500. Funny i say, ive just rung them and they told me £2995. He then tells me its John Lewis policy to say "this is John lewis, can you give me a price on...blah, blah. So i ring them myself i again get a £2995 price. Its
    obvious i tell him, if you say you are from John Lewis they are gonna give you a higher price as to not lose custom! anyway he refuses and is a right git, so i get his manager..... go through it all again with him....... he gets me to fill a price match form in and says he will be in touch. Hold up i say, i want the plasma now and its in stock so sort it. He tells me it will have to go to the dept that checks prices and that hes 99.9% sure no one is in..... i send him off to look.......comes back, hes says reluctantly that yes they have the plasma and i can have it at that price ..... anyway he goes away and moments comes back later with a big smile on his face..."that plasma that krish are selling is old stock, its the early model with 3000:1 contrast ratio, i used to sell that one but this is the new model with 4000:1 ratio." ..... at this point hes really getting at me.... i know that this is ********, so i ring panasonic there and then how comfirm that there never was a 3000:1 set......he looks really mad now! anyway to cut a long (3.5 hours in there!) short , i now have a 5 year warranty 42 plasma coming next week! a saving on the shop price of 1.5K. The cheapest ive found it on the net is KRISH at £2995, then PRC at £3,169.84.
    The store in question is the bluewater store. Any other questions?
    yours, well chuffed, mark

5. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Any chanve you could let me know what shop quoted you that as I'm in the market for a panny 6 and if I could get one for that price I'd be well pleased.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why didn't you just buy it from Krish:confused: I've used them before and their aftersales is excellent...

7. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah but I bet they wont be out repairing it in 4.5 years time for free?!? :devil:

8. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Gotta say that you got yourself a good deal mate but I feel for places like Krish AV - who I too have used several times before and found them to be very helpfull.

The five year warranty is great but I've yet to keep anything I've bought lately for more than 12 months.

Cheers, Lee

9. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I totally agree that the world would be a better place ;) if the better small independant retailers got our money and most of the time I would always go to a reliable if slightly more expensive retailer if I knew customer service would be better, but with something like a free 5 year warranty on such an expensive and high tech piece of equipment with a price match to any other store, well it would stupid to turn it down! I know I for one will be keeping my plasma (when i finally get it) for at least 3+ years, unless offered a stupidly high amount after 12months to allow me to upgrade, so piece of mind for that long is worth a lot...
    If smaller stores dont want people to take advantage of JL style price matching then maybe they should just advertise the low prices as time limited special offers that way most price match policies wouldnt cover it... :hiya:

10. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    read the small print on what the 5yrs covers, some of the things the you might be banking on the free 5yr covering might not be covered. If I ever brought a plasma i'd buy a proper 5 yr guarantee or more likely 3yr.
    I don't actually know what they cover at JL but I know how limited the manufacturer style guarantee can be if it's read to the letter!

11. Mark Smith

Mark Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used JL Blue water only 2 weeks ago asked for price match on the Hitachi 42pd3000 with their JL branch cheadle. Sales lady talked to manager made a phone call came back no problem sir.(out came the plastic)
    service was great. but what a feeling that you have saved loads of money. love my plasma. Praise the plasma Lord for John Lewis price match policy. mark

12. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    All i can say is that in the past, with other goods, have had excellent customer service with JL...... and i know they are going to be around in 5 years time. I'd rather deal with the big boys than the smaller outlets if im spending 3K on a plasma.

13. andyp

andyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    For info, Bennets Electrical superstore in Norwich (local store I think), have the PW6 with Scart board and "buy now pay in 12 months" deal for £2991.

Andy P.

14. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont understand some people........you cant knock the jl 5 year warranty, people have tested it...its good as you would expect from them.

as for the PW6???? Nexnix £2150+ vat free wall mount.

0% no big deal get an egg card....all purchses for 6 months. or a city bank card even better.

please people save your cash......

Darren

15. andyp

andyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

Not really sure of the point you are trying to make, but the reason for my post was for people to use as a 'local store' price match source for JL.

Andy P.

16. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont see the my point! ok sorry?